Chapter 9

🐺Travis P. O. V🐺

Today was the day. My birthday. The voice in my head has been ecstatic about today. Giving me a headache with his non- talking. I might not even shift today. Or never, I might not even be a werewolf.

'Yes you are, you will shift today' He said. I decided on ignoring him and focused on my day. I wasn't nervous, I mean if it happens, then it'll just happen. No reason to be scared, there's nothing I could do.

'Exactly nothing you can do, but embrace the true form of yourself, human'

"Will you shut the fuck up and leave me alone for a day, gosh" I snapped at him in my head. I heard nothing more but silence.

I sighed before looking around the dining room I was in. Everyone had wished me a Happy Birthday this morning with smiles and hugs. Some also gave me presents in which I gladly took.

So far I've received some comics, a sweater, and a football. In which I'm all thankful for.

"Happy Birthday little bro, you're growing up so fast" Said Jordan snapping me out of my thoughts and embracing me with hugs and kisses.

I shrugged my way out of her embrace.

"Yeah I know" I said unsurely as I looked at her. It was then I looked down at something that had jumped into my lap. A dog. He was white with brown spots.

The dog looked up at me with gray eyes.

"He's your birthday present, I knew you always wanted a dog, so here you go" She said unsurely looking between me and the dog. I looked at the dog who was just staring at me. Then he leaned in and licked me all over my face.

I laughed before holding the dog at arm's length.

"He's cute" I said laughing again. I looked too Jordan who was smiling.

"I know, but there's something you should know about him though" She said coming down from happy land. I slowly looked at her from the dog.

"What is it?" I asked her

"He's blind, he's been through a lot, Travis, abusive homes, dog fights, please take care of him, he just wants to be loved" She said looking close to tears. I stood up hugging her too my chest as she cried. I'm kinda taller than my sister, even though I am nothing but 16.

She sobered up.

"I will take good care of him, Jay, and you know I will, don't worry" I said smiling at her. She laughed before looking at the dog who just sat there staring at us, at least I think he was.

"The name I had in mind to name him was Cloud, but if you want-"

"Cloud is just fine" I said hugging her sideways.

"Good, I thought so to" She said smiling widely up at me. I smiled too before pulling away. I sat back down.

"Anything specific that you wanna eat today?" Asked Jordan.

"Doesn't matter too me, as long as it includes bacon in it I'm good" I said playing with Clouds paws as he sniffed me while wagging his tail.

"OK I'll go tell the chef to make something special with bacon in it then" She said laughing and walking off. I smiled before looking down at the dog sitting in my lap.

"Well Cloud, you're stuck with me now, forever until the day we die" I said smiling while hugging him. I just got a yelp and a lick in return

"Yep, I thought you'd like that" I said laughing.