Chapter 16

Clarke and I ran to the pod, the smoke emitting from the roof had cleared now. Clarke pulled the door open to reveal a brown haired girl. I felt my jaw drop, I couldn't believe it. I thought that the Ark would send down food, medical supplies. I didn't think they'd risk another person's life. Clarke helped the girl out of the drop ship. 

"I made it?" the girl asked, spreading her arm's out and turning in small circles.

"Apparently." I answered, sitting down on a nearby rock.

"Is this rain?" she laughed, she held her hands out to try and catch the small droplets that fell from the sky.

"Welcome to Earth." I told her, smiling slightly as the new girl took in as much as she could as fast as she could.

Suddenly the bushes gave way to Finn, as he came running through them. "Raven!"

The girl looked up at him, happiness lit up her face. "Finn!" she cried as she ran towards him, what shocked me was when they embraced each other looking far more familiar than just friends. As the reunited couple pressed their lips together, I looked to Clarke nervously only to see what remained of her heart start to shatter.

Finn's voice broke me out of my thoughts when he introduced the girl to me. "This is Raven." He said. I lifted my hand and waved slightly, "Adira but you can call me Addy."

Raven nodded but when she went to take a step forward she staggered slightly and Finn caught her. He set her down gently on the rock next to mine. Finn ran over to Clarke to get something for the large cut on Raven's head. I pushed some of the stray hairs out off the wound, "You hit your head pretty hard." I spoke out loud.

"It was worth it." She replied, keeping her eyes locked on Finn.

As Finn went back over to Raven, I stood up and went to Clarke. "Are you ok?" I asked the blonde girl in front of me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she replied emotionless.

I ran a hand through my tangled hair. "Well, maybe due to the fact that-"

"You're Clarke?" Raven's voice cut through.

"Yeah." Clarke said with some kind of forced smile on her face.

"This is because of your mom I'm down here, we had planned to go together but we couldn't." she stopped suddenly with realization dawning in her eyes.

"Why not?" I questioned sensing something was wrong by her tone.

"Because The Ark is getting ready to kill 300 people, we have to tell them you're alive." Raven staggered towards the pod looking for a radio to let them know that Earth was survivable. "It must have come off during landing, I should've strapped it down. Stupid." Raven slammed her hand repeatedly into the metal in front of her.

"Wait." Clarke said. "This isn't your fault, someone else was already here."

It all made sense then, the taking off in the middle of the night and not letting anyone else go.

It was Bellamy, he'd stole the radio.

"Son of a bitch." I swore as I turned around and took off into the forest without looking back to see if the others were following.

I needed to find him before the others did.

I ran through the forest, my heart was pounding and there was a rushing sound in my head. I needed to find Bellamy.  I thought he could act like an egotistical asshole sometimes but he'd saved my life and I didn't want to admit it but I cared for him more than I wanted anyone to know.  When I had left the others back in the clearing, they all looked pretty pissed and I wasn't sure what they might've done to get the radio back.

I sprinted back up the path back to camp only to smack straight into Bellamy coming round a tree. My face connected with his shoulder and pain instantly blossomed across my face. As he slammed back into the tree, I hit the dirt and lay there for a gasping from the pain radiating from my nose.