Chapter 15

My head lay rested on Bellamy's chest, we were both partially dressed. I had my pants and top back on but he was only in his dark trousers. His head lay resting on his right arm, his left was across my waist and his hand placed on my hip. His fingers were tracing soft patterns across the bare areas of skin. I brought my hand up to his chest and repeated his actions. I let my index finger run across his chest. He let out a soft sigh and pulled me in closer. 

"We need to back soon. It's not safe out here." I mumbled, not wanting to leave but knowing we had to.

"In a minute." He replied, his head nuzzled closer to mine. I let a small smile cross my face at his response. I closed my eyes but they immediately snapped back open when I heard a foreign noise filling the once peaceful atmosphere. 

I sat up staring at the sky. Something to large to be a shooting star was falling across the sky, it was something from the Ark. I tapped on Bellamy's chest, "Bellamy look." I pointed up through the trees at the falling pod. I looked back to him and his face had paled. He looked ill, there was a thin sheen of sweat covering his face.

"We need to go." he stammered and stood up shakily. I looked back at the sky, the ark had sent someone down to help us. This was either going to go very well or very badly. I stood up and pulled on my boots and jacket. Bellamy met my eyes once before turning around and striding off into the forest. I couldn't help but feel taken aback by his actions, I jogged up to him and touched his arm gently. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." He shrugged me off and carried on walking without taking any notice of me again. We walked back to camp in complete silence. We had barely made it two steps into camp before he stormed off into his tent.

"Goodbye then." I said muttered to his back. I turned around and shot about twenty feet into the sky when I realized the younger Blake sibling was silently standing in front of me. "Jesus Christ Octavia." I said putting my hand over my heart to try and calm it . "Don't do that." 

"Sorry." She apologized, "Did I just see you and my brother walk back into camp together?"

"No." I answered quickly. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Did you see the pod come down?"

"Yeah, I saw it alright. When are we leaving for it?" I asked

"I tried to ask Bellamy but he's said that we have to wait until the morning. He says it's too dangerous to go in the dark but it won't be if there's enough of us!" she said pouting, clearly upset she can't go looking for it.. I almost laughed at her expression.

"Leave it to me. I'll see if I can convince him to leave now." I replied walking in the direction of his tent. I pushed open the flap of his tent. "Hey Bellamy, what's this about not leaving until-" I was cut off when my eyes realized what was happening. It was Bellamy with another girl. I backed out of the tent and without realizing shook myself in disgust at the image that was branded in my brain now.It wasn't anything I'd not seen before but it didn't do good things to your confidence when you slept with a guy and then he's at it with another girl a few hours after.

I saw Clarke walk in with Finn and walked over to them.

"Hey did you see the pod come down?" I asked her.

"Yeah, grab your stuff. Lets go and check it out." she said looking at me and Finn.

"Bellamy said we're not leaving until morning." I replied.

An intense look of anger came over her face before she stormed off in the direction of Bellamy's tent. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I called after her as she walked in. When she didn't walk back out, I went in myself. There was only a girl in her underwear there. "That was quick." I snorted. The girl glared at me and Finn who'd walked in after me, "Great its a free show, anyone else want to take a look?" she snapped.

"His stuff is gone." I noticed.

"He can't have left that long ago." Clarke said, walking out of the tent. She walked over to where all the weapons were kept and picked up a small knife.

"I can't believe I let this happen." Clarke mutters to herself.

"Hey you couldn't predict what he was going to do." Finn but failing to reassure her.

"I should've though, I let myself get distracted." she replies.

"You and me both." I state more to myself then them.  

The misty night had slowly turned into a clear morning sky while we were looking for Bellamy and the pod that had come down last night. Clarke sighed heavily and stopped in front of the pathway that forked off into two different directions.

"I'll take this one, you two go down there." Finn said walking towards the pathway on the left, "If we don't find anything in about an hour we'll have to come back." He started walking away, I took a look at the one Clarke and I were supposed to follow. It dipped sharply about half-way down and had brambles running down by the edges. Finn's was much nicer, at least his was even ground. 

I took a deep breath and looked at Clarke before walking forward. This was going to be harder than we thought. I could hear the fallen twigs and dry leaves crunching under mine and Clarke's boots. I slowed down until I was walking beside her. "So you and Finn huh?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

She looked up at me with a flash of annoyance crossing her face, "We're going to do this now?" she asked as we continued walking. 

We had reached the drop in the ground now. I grasped hold of a small tree as I put one foot in front of the other, working my way down the steep hill. "Well, I can't think of a better time. Can you? Besides-" I was cut of short as I heard the sudden scrape of dirt and a small squeak come from Clarke. 

I turned round and caught her arm just before she went sliding down the hill. "Watch where you step Princess." I tried to hold in my laughter but it didn't really work as I was soon giggling like crazy but it wasn't long before Clarke joined me.

"Is it really that obvious?" she asked, once we had managed to calm ourselves down.

"Is what?"

"About Finn and I..." She trailed off slightly at the end

"Well, to a few people yes but Clarke it's not a big deal, I mean lots of people are sleeping together. Take Bellamy for example, he's slept with nearly every girl in the camp." I said trying to reassure her.

"Including you?" she asked. I turned to look at her wondering if she was mocking me in some way but she wasn't. She was genuinely curious.

I let out a sigh, "Yes but-" 

A sharp ringing sound cut me off suddenly. Clarke looked at me in surprise, "I didn't do anything." I said to her. She knelt of the ground and moved some of the dead leaves around of something stuck in the ground, it was a piece of metal. More importantly, it was metal from the Ark.

"The pod! It landed around here!" Clarke said quickly. 

She sounded excited at the thought of possibly contacting the Ark, I couldn't say the same for myself. I wouldn't stop her from speaking with them but I hoped that she realized that unless it was necessary, I wouldn't speak to the Ark.

Spurred on with some new found hope, Clarke picked up her pace and as soon as we reached flat ground she went running off into some kind of clearing. I followed closely behind, once we made it through the bushes, we both stopped in our tracks. 

There in the middle with smoke trickling out of the top, was the pod they had sent down.