Chapter 2

The water splashed up my arms as I tried to rinse the blood off my arms. The cold water seemed to draw me back into reality slightly. I cast a side ward glance at the two bodies in the middle of the floor.

I don't remember how I killed them, it must of been with a knife or something sharp though because there was blood everywhere. All over the floor, the bodies and me. I had blood all over my hands, arms and face. I looked up at the mirror above the sink. I both looked and didn't look like myself. It was like I was another person but I was comfortable being them. I could see in the mirror that the blood had gone in my hair too. It was sticking my clothes to me and felt uncomfortable.

It was a knock at the door that brought the first wave of panic. My eyes swiveled wildly around the room trying to think of something to do but there was no need. The door was instantly opened and guards swarmed in.

There was no point in trying to escape. They had guards inside the room and out.

The commanding guard stepped forward and spoke to me. "Adira Parker, you are under arrest for the murder of two guards." He nodded at two guards who stepped forward and restrained me even though it was clear I was going nowhere.

"Bellamy? Maybe you'd like to cuff her? It'll be your first official arrest."

A youngish looking guard stepped forward, clearly uncomfortable with the entire situation. He took a pair of handcuffs off his belt and gestured for the two guards holding me to turn me around. Instead of turning me around normally, they both nodded at each other and launched me against the nearest wall. My face connected with the wall and I groaned as I dropped to the floor in pain.

I felt someone pulling my arms up behind me and cuffing them.

As I was picked up I saw the younger guard giving me a look of almost pity as I was dragged away from my home with blood dripping down my face.