Chapter 11

Jasper's moans of pain rang through the floors of the drop ship causing many to shout back in response. This had been going on since we took shelter in here. Many had set up makeshift beds and hammocks, myself included. As much as I tried, I couldn't turn my mind away from Bellamy. I hoped he'd found shelter from the fog and hadn't been left to suffer in it. Horrifying images ran through my mind of him lay on the ground moaning in pain and covered in the horrific burns that the fog caused.

Another round of groans from Jasper snapped me back from my thoughts. "Right that's it, I'm ending this." Murphy stood up, knife in hand.

"Bellamy gave him until tomorrow." I warned him, he had no right to kill Jasper and he knew that. 

"Well Bellamy isn't here now is he. Besides the kids dying anyway I'm just getting it over with." He stood up and brandished his knife.

"No!" I leaped up from the hammock and pushed him back, I heard Monty run behind me and scramble up the ladder. 

"You can't just kill him!"

"Watch me." And with that he shoved me out of the way, I lost my balance and fell backwards. I tried to catch myself but instead hit off the ladder. I lay on the ground for a moment listening to Murphy hammer on the door, I eventually pushed myself up and spat out a wad of blood. The sight of it no longer scaring me. I wiped my nose with my sleeve. I could feel it bleeding along with my lip. I wasn't upset he'd pushed me, I was pissed. So pissed that I couldn't help myself when I moved past him climbing down that I deliberately shouldered into him.  This caused him to loose his grip on the ladder and come crashing back down.  

"What the hell is your problem?" He pushed me again.

"You are! You can't just go on a power trip because Bellamy isn't around." I pushed him back, people around us had started to clear back. I didn't blame them, this wasn't the first physical fight we'd had and it probably wouldn't be the last.

"Oh and we're just supposed to listen to you instead then? You don't have a clue. What would you know about making hard choices? You take this easy way out of everything."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I moved right in front of his face then, I had a feeling I knew what he was referring to. When he had been arrested and locked up he refused to let me take any of the blame for what happened but I had a feeling he was about to throw it all back in my face.

"I was fifteen years old and you stood back while they put me in handcuffs and did nothing!" He spat at me.

"You son of a bitch." My right hand connected with his cheek before I even knew it, the slap echoed it's way around the small space. If anybody hadn't been paying attention before then they sure as hell were now. 

I didn't have much time to think about the slap though because Murphy's fist knocked me off my feet. I landed on my side with a groan. I placed my hand on my cheek attempting to soothe the pain. I pulled my hand away and noticed the small patch of blood. Great, three places I was bleeding now. 

Murphy stormed past me back to his hammock, "Shows over." He said to everyone else. 

When they'd all moved, I got up and lay down in my hammock with a wince. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, ignoring the fact I was sleeping near the person who had just punched me in the face. 

The tears dripped down my face faster than I could stop them, thankfully everyone was asleep so no one heard me crying quietly but if they did then they gave no indication which I was more thankful for. 

 "What the hell happened to you?"

I cracked my eyes open and saw Octavia stood in front of me. "Murphy happened." I looked around the drop ship, it was empty apart from the two of us. I swung my legs over and stood up. "Where is everyone?"