Chapter 8

I was lay on my back on the ground near the fire when I heard footsteps approach me. "What the hell was that?" Bellamy growled. I propped myself up on my elbows, "What was what?"

"That little stunt back there with Murphy? Do you actually have a death wish?"

I pushed myself off the rough ground and stood up. It didn't make much of a difference though, I just came up to  his shoulder so he was still looking down at me.  "What's it you if I do?"

"Because I've got enough to worry about without adding keeping you alive to it."

I scoffed at that, "You don't have to worry about me Bellamy, I can take care of myself."

"You call telling Murphy to stab you taking care of yourself?" He asked me sarcastically. "What am I supposed to do the next time you ask Murphy to slit your throat, just stand back and watch?"

"That's right, you stand back and watch because it's nothing to do with you."

"Like I hell I will." He snarled. "Don't make me give someone the daily task of keeping watch on you just in case you decide to provoke Murphy again."

My anger started to bubble up at the idea of him assigning a guard for me. I wasn't a child that he could tell what to do, where to sit and when to speak. I'd had more than enough of that on the Ark. I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming at him. 

I threw my hands up and started to storm away from him. "You know what, I'm done with this conversation."

I'd made it to the edge of the forest but I wasn't finished. I stomped my way back over to his arrogant ass and spoke quickly wanted to leave again. "And just for the record Bellamy, he wouldn't have actually stabbed me. I know him a hell of a lot more than you do. You don't actually know him, you just pretend to. Face it, you don't know him any better than you know me."

And with that I was finished, I left him standing by the fire alone as I went to find somewhere that I could be alone with my thoughts.

I kept repeating in my head that Murphy wouldn't have actually stabbed me but I couldn't stop that small bit of doubt that was creeping up and settling itself in the back of my mind.

*************

Someone nudged my leg with their foot but I didn't know who it was as I had closed my eyes when I sat down a while ago. "Is it too much to ask that I be left alone in peace for a while?" I groaned. I opened my eyes and they immediately glared at the figure stood in front of me. "Apparently it is."

"Come on Darling, we're going out to find Jasper and I want you to come with."

"Why? Afraid I'll provoke someone into murdering me when you're gone?" I replied dryly. "Wait. What happened to Jasper?" He'd gone with the group that were going to Mount Weather for food.

Bellamy crouched down next to me, "The group was attacked by someone. There's survivors down here. They speared Jasper to a tree. The others think he's still alive and now we're going to get him." He said bluntly. "Now are you coming?"

I looked at him and felt my head tilt slightly with confusion. "Wait that was a lot of information to process in fifteen seconds."

Bellamy just looked at me blankly before getting up and walking away. "Hey wait!" I got up and ran after him. "Are you actually being serious?" He had stopped by the table that held the camps makeshift weapons. "Yes I am now get a weapon, you'll need one." He picked up different knives before examining them and placing  them back down. I followed his gaze to one, it was a long dagger with a makeshift red handle and I automatically wanted it.