49 | A Gift From Him

<Nagisa>
"...-gisa..."

I opened my eyes to see Sugino above me, shaking my arm. The sun in the corner of eye, that was blinding me. What time is it? I swayed as I tried to stand up. My legs weren't awake yet. Sugino was saying something, he looked like he was shouting but, I couldn't hear him. My ears were ringing and my fingers felt numb. My stomach felt weird, I needed to hurl.

I fell to the ground while using my arms as brave and support. It was no use. I felt my heart racing rapidly. I'm scared. What's happening to me?!

"Nagisa!"

All of a sudden I could hear him, loud and clear. He picked me up carried me in his arms and looked around with a frightened look. I felt the warmth in him as I pressed against his chest.

"Someone! Help!" He exclaimed.

What are you doing? I'm alright. I'm okay...you don't need to-
•••••
<Koro-sensei>
My phone buzzed and I saw Irina's icon appear on the screen. I answered only to hear a loud frantic scream.

"What's wrong?!" I questioned.

"N-Nagisa! It's Nagisa! Get to the hospital!" After that spontaneous order, she hung up.

Could it be that she's-.

I scratched the back of my head. Picked up my jacket and locked my office door. I wonder if they called her mother. Does Shizuka know? Should I get her too? I walked into the Project Karma department and remembered that she had the morning off.

"Koro-sensei?"

I turned around to see Naoko standing behind me. He carried a stack of papers and wore his bed hair with pride.

"Do you need something sir?" He asked.

"No, just passing by." I waved my hand. "Take good care of Karma. He's important to me and someone else." I left leaving small words behind me.
•••••
I finally made it to the hospital and met up with the doctor in the ER. Knowingly it was one of my old students from the university I taught at. She had happened to be in charge of Nagisa especially and of course she explained everything to me. Everything I already knew. I just needed confirmation from somebody else.

I walked up the stairs to the second floor and casually looked around for her room. That was until I noticed a tall guy with black hair, scuffling around with worry. By the callouses on his hands and his posture, I knew he was a baseball boy.
Ah. This is the room.

I looked around and saw that Nagisa's mother wasn't here. Maybe they didn't call her? I twisted the knob and as I was about to open the door, the kid from before shadowed behind me.

"I think you have the wrong room. Who are you?" He asked.

"Hmm? Me?" I looked at Nagisa's name written on the plaque outside the room.

"I'm her guardian. Her mother sent me." I lied.

"Huh?" He confusingly took a step back. "I've never seen you before."

Then I saw a flow of golden hair, drifting in the air.

"And I'm the the nanny. Move aside kid." Irina pushed us both out of the way and entered the room.