"Okay," Beca replied. "Is she gonna let me see Chloe?"

"Of course," Sheila said. "She lives about a 10 minute walk from Chloe's."

"I know," Beca said. "So when am I moving in with her?"

"Well we're gonna see what happens with your knee and go from there," Sheila said. She parked the car and they made their way into the building.

Beca and Hailee sat down on the waiting room chairs while Sheila went to sign her in. "Hey Hails," Beca said, looking up from her phone at her little sister.

"Yeah?"

"I know you're on the younger side to figure this all out yet, but don't be afraid to be who you are," Beca said seriously. "I don't want this ever happening to you, kid."

"I know," Hailee said, wrapping her arm around the older girl. "He's really mad, I don't know why."

"He thinks being gay is bad," Beca said.

"Well I know that, I just don't know why he won't get over it. He's your dad, he's supposed to love you all the time."

"Can we just stop talking about it right now?" Beca asked. "I can't waste anymore of my energy worrying about it."

"Yeah," Hailee replied.

"Rebeca Mitchell?" A nurse asked as she walked into the waiting room.

"Do you want me to go back with you?" Sheila asked.

"Can you?" Beca asked hesitantly.

"Of course honey," Sheila said. "I'll be back soon Hailee," she said to her daughter as she followed Beca and the nurse into the room.

"Hi Rebeca," the nurse smiled as she opened her computer.

"It's Beca," the brunette replied.

"Right, sorry," the nurse said. "Anyway, I'm Mary and I'm gonna be doing your x-ray and possible mri today."

"Possible?" Sheila asked.

"Well if we figure out what's wrong through the X-ray then we won't have to do the mri," Mary said. "So tell me when it started hurting."

"Like 3 weeks ago," Beca shrugged. "It would only hurt on and off and I didn't want to miss the rest of the softball season so I left it and then yesterday I was running the bases and when I slid I felt it pop and the pain got a lot worse."

"Can you straighten it for me?" Mary asked, standing up from her desk chair.

Beca put her leg on the examining table and tried her best to straighten it. She managed to do it after a few seconds, but she could only take the pain for a second or two. "I can't anymore," she said, bending it again.

"I'm noticing some light bruising all around," Mary said. "Alright let's start with the X-ray."

She moved the X-ray machine over Beca's knee and took a few from different angles. They waited a brief few seconds for them to appear on screen. "I'm not seeing anything on here," she said. "Beca have you ever had an mri before?"