Chapter 9

"Hey how did you know you were into girls?" Stacie asked as she looked up from her homework that she was doing on Beca's bed.

"Dick disgusts me, it always has," Beca shrugged. "Why?"

"Seriously?" The taller girl whined at her best friend.

"Well like I never felt attraction to guys, and then I realized I had similar feelings towards girls that other girls had towards guys," Beca explained. "Again I ask, why?"

"I don't know," Stacie sighed.

"Are you questioning?" Beca wondered as she put down her ukulele and focused all of her attention on Stacie.

Stacie nodded. "It's not just one girl though," she clarified quickly. "I've been noticing for awhile that my sexual attraction isn't exclusively toward guys."

"Well," Beca started. "It sounds like you're bisexual," she shrugged.

"Oh my god," Stacie said, her eyes filling with tears. "What do I do?"

"Nothing, just let it happen," Beca said seriously. "Woah, don't cry," she said anxiously, standing up from her chair to awkwardly comfort the taller girl. "Stace, nothing's gonna change. You're still my best friend."

"What about everyone else?" Stacie wondered as she wiped her eyes.

"They accept me and Chloe, of course they're gonna accept you," Beca said. "And you don't have to tell them until you're ready. I won't say anything."

"Thank you," Stacie said. "I don't know when I'll tell my parents. I know they'll be fine with it but I just don't know when to tell them."

Beca nodded. "I understand. You'll be fine."

"Thanks," Stacie sighed before beginning to put her books away. "I gotta go, my parents are going out so I have to watch the boys."

"Good luck," Beca laughed. "I'll walk you out."

She followed the taller girl downstairs and opened the garage for her. "See you tomorrow!"

"Bye loser," Stacie called as she left.

Beca went back inside and got an iced tea out of the fridge before sitting down on the couch. She dialed Chloe's number and hit the call button before waiting for her to pick up. "You want to come over?" She asked before Chloe could say anything.

"I'm sick," the redhead sighed. "I can't stop coughing and I have such a bad migraine."

"Babe you sound awful," Beca said sympathetically. "Is your mom home?"

"Yeah."

"Will she care if I come over?"

"Probably not," the redhead said.

"Alright, I'll head over there soon. Do you need anything?" Beca wondered.

"No," Chloe said with a cough. "My mom's ordering takeout, want anything specific?"

"Anything you want," Beca replied sweetly. "I'll see you in a bit." She hung up and went upstairs to get her bag before she went back down. She sent a quick text to her dad saying she was going to Chloe's and headed over there.

"Hi honey," Kate said quietly as she opened the door for Beca. "She's just fallen asleep."

"Oh okay," Beca said with a shrug.

"I'm gonna go pick up the food, would you mind staying with her?"

"Of course I'll stay," Beca said immediately. "Does she have a fever or anything?"