Chapter 11

"Hailee we have to go!" Sheila called upstairs before walking into the kitchen.

"Where are you taking her?" John asked.

"To Beca's appointment," Sheila replied.

"You're not taking Hailee with you. I don't want her in contact with Beca."

"She's my daughter, not yours," Sheila shrugged as she walked out of the kitchen. If John was gonna pull that card on her, she was definitely gonna use it as well.

"I'm ready," Hailee said as she slipped her shoes on. "Can we go for food after Beca's appointment?"

"Yeah," Sheila said as they walked out the door. "Listen, John doesn't want you seeing her but I don't care. She's your sister and you can see her whenever you want to."

"I know," Hailee said with a sigh. "Do you think he'll ever let her come home?"

"I really don't know," Sheila said with a sigh. "My parents are at their vacation home for the summer so I called my sister and she said Beca could stay with her as long as she needs."

"Aunt Zoe! She lives close too! This is good!" Hailee said excitedly.

"I know," Sheila smiled as they pulled into Chloe's driveway. They got out of the car and Chloe had already opened the door for them by the time they got up there. "Beca's almost ready. Come in!" The redhead immediately gave Hailee a tight hug as soon as the girl stepped inside. "If you ever need anything, I'm here, okay?"

"Okay," Hailee replied.

"I'm so sorry this had to happen, I know it's hard on you," Chloe said.

Hailee nodded. "It's okay. I'll be fine."

"Hey!" Beca said with an exhausted sigh as she tried her best to run down the stairs. She gave Hailee a hug the second she got to the bottom. "I'm sorry about all of this. I shouldn't have left you."

"You didn't have a choice, it's okay," Hailee said.

"Thank you for still being a mom to me," Beca said, giving Sheila a hug.

"You're my little girl," Sheila said. "I don't care what happens, I'll support you no matter what."

Beca smiled. "I'll be back soon Chlo. Unless you want to come with?"

"No it's okay, you deserve some family time," Chloe said, giving the brunette a hug and a kiss. "Good luck."

"Thanks, I love you," Beca smiled.

Chloe's eyes lit up at the fact that Beca said it first. Usually she was always the first one to say it so hearing her girlfriend say it made her really happy. "I love you too."

Beca climbed in the front seat and her eyes immediately filled with tears. "Is he still mad?"

"He doesn't want me to see you," Hailee said.

"Oh my god," Beca whispered. "Sheila you're gonna let her right?"

"Of course," Sheila replied. "Anytime you two want to see each other, just tell me."

"So am I just staying with Chloe?"

"That's actually what I was gonna tell you about," Sheila began. "You remember my little sister Zoe?"

"Yeah."

"Well I talked to her and she said that she'd love for you to stay with her," Sheila said. "Listen I know she's young and she's never had kids before but she really wants to get to know you."