Chapter 35

I'm going to survive for you. He whispers.

That sinister voice appears in his head once again.

You belong to me

Mephistor's head is snapped to the side before his body falls limp.
~
The beast allows his own subconscious to take over his host body. With red eyes now open he pushes his body up and off of the ground.

"That's more like it." The beast says, testing his new voice.

Lately there was more resistance from the boy which was causing rift in their bond. He was having to continually force takeover.

The beast shakes his head with a smirk on his face. He had to hand it to the boy, he was a formidable foe. He was strong and completely capable of fighting the virus, however, he did not.

That was no problem for the beast, though. As long as the king continued to submit he would not have to worry. He had to get rid of that pesky humanity before Mephistor figured out how to be rid of him for good.

The girl, Alliana, was the only thing that both the king and the beast held in common now. He knew that the king loved her, and that she was his anchor.

The beast had grown to be fond of her and relished in the idea of calling her his. She was beautiful, kind, and a fighter. Truly his Al, and if he was able to overcome the humanity of the king, he would still happily take her as his bride and ravish her until the end of time.
~
It was very confusing for the beast, who, himself was only a manifestation of the young king's mind he had created to deal with the alteration of his mental state. It had created a different side of the new king.

His alter ego.

Indeed, the beast is completely Mephistor, but his humanity is deteriorating so quickly that he cannot see that he is the entity standing in between himself and the truth.

In order for Mephistor to overcome the beast, he needs to take back control of his humanity.
~
When footsteps can be heard approaching the balcony, the beast turns in preparation.

A guard suddenly rushes through the doors, urgency is written all over his face.

"Sire!"He takes a moment to catch his breath.

Mephistor cocks his head to the side as a sign for the young guard to continue.

"We cornered Klaus Killian at the royal medical testing facility. He is now in our custody awaiting trial."

Mephistor's eyes widen first in surprise before a sinister smile appears on his face.

He was one step closer.

One step closer to finding her.

"Alliana." The name was sweet on his tongue.

The guard looked confused at the mention of the name but asked nothing of it. He had heard word that the king had been acting strangely lately and thought it rude to make any comment about the one who ruled over him.

Mephistor entirely elated.

He finally had Klaus in his grasp.

After all this time he finally found him.

His mind began racing with all of the plans he had in store for the traitor. The moment was finally here for that bästard to suffer, and the beast could not have been more ready.

I'm going to rip him apart. He purrs to himself.

"Sire?"

Mephistor shakes himself from his trance, the same wicked smile plastered on his face.

"My apologies-" He resists the urge to chuckle at his efforts."And where is he being held for the time being?"

"The containment unit on floor zero, my lord."

Mephistor raises an eyebrow. That was the most maximum security in the palace.

"Thank you for letting me know."

With a quick salute the guard makes his way back to his post.

"Perhaps I'll go pay a visit to my old friend." Mephistor whispers to himself before walking towards the doors and leaving a mess of broken  marble at his feet.
~

How'd you like it?