Chapter 8

"Alright Alliana, you can do this." I say as I stare at my reflection in my bathroom mirror."You're just going to go downstairs, ignore him, and eat. That's all you need to do."

My eyes, however, disagreed with me as they continued to glow a threatening gold. I looked away from the mirror out of fear of what I would become and took a deep breath.

A strange sensation courses through me as I splash cold water on my face. I shut my eyes tightly and grimace to get through another wave of uneasiness and pain. It creeps up my throat and I feel my fangs burst through my gums and into my tongue.

My eyes open wide and the girl I see in the mirror this time is someone I don't recognize.

Her golden eyes are those of a predator, and black veins protrude from underneath. Blood leaks from her mouth and her fangs are peeking out from behind her lips. A hand covers her mouth as she steps back and hits the wall.

"Oh my-"A gasp escapes my lips and I feel like screaming for someone.

For him.

Even though I'm currently terrified of what he is, what I am , a part of me knows that he's the only one who will know how to fix me.

You can't be fixed. A small voice whispers in my head, and my heart jumps at the thought that I might be stuck like this forever. This is who you are, who you were meant to be.

Tears leak out of my eyes and I slump to the ground in a pile of pain and uncertainty. My mind and heart are racing a mile a minute. I feel like I'm going to burst any second and I pray that someone will hear me, and come to my rescue.

No one can save you from your fate. The voice whispers again. This is who you are.

I certainty didn't sign up for a reality check from this voice.

My hands are trembling as the pain grows stronger and I try to focus on something to try and drown out the pain. The first thing that pops into my head are a pair of glowing green eyes and I begin to feel calmer. I picture Klaus here with me. In front of me, and the pair dulls momentarily until it is replaced by a feeling a power.

I look down at my hands and gasp when I see a white light beginning to grow from them.

"What the-" I stand from the ground and hold my hands out from my body as the light grows brighter. The strangest sight, however, is when I look back into the mirror and look at my eyes, which are now a glowing white like my hands.

My feet slowly begin to leave the tiles of my bathroom floor and the light in my eyes and hands grows blindingly bright. The lights in my bathroom flicker insanely and the feeling of pure, raw power surges through me. I feel godly, untouchable.

"Alliana, your parents are requesting your presence downstairs. Your guest will be here soon."The small voice of our housekeeper whispers at my door.

I blink rapidly and see myself levitating above the ground.

"Ahh." A small scream escapes my lips as I fall to the ground and land hard on my butt.

"Ms. Nixon, are you alright? Do you need me to come in."

"No, I'm fine, I've only dropped something is all."My voice is raspy and strained.