Chapter 32: In the air

(a/n)- hey guys, I previously mentioned about Keith's sister Kiara and it says she's 18 but I had to change her age for certain reasons (can't tell you now...it's a secret) so now she's 20.

Sarah's P.O.V

Our drive to the airport was filled with an awkward silence between me and him. Once we got to the airport, we were surrounded in welcome by his family members. Kiara came and hugged me and I hugged her back. She was always friendly towards me. She was two years younger than me. She was 20 years old and in her third year of college.

We all made our way in, after various security procedures that were a must even for a multi- billionaire and his family. We were boarding in the private jet that had the name Kirst plastered on it. It was very spacious inside and had a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice waiting to be popped open. "Wow." I breathed, inaudibly.

We took our seats. Me facing Keith and by the window. Kiara was beside me. His parents were seated on the other side of the jet. The cream colored seats looked soothing and they brought an unusual peace to my heart. I was slightly, who am I kidding, very afraid of flying. My anticipation and the loudness of my heart beat at the fright of take-off, blocked the argument between Keith and Kiara.

Suddenly it was Keith sitting next to me and I heard Kiara say, "A window seat." With a smile etched on her face. The pilot's voice boomed all of a sudden making me almost jump up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts."

I immediately obliged. I know Superman says 'flying is the safest way to travel' but this is me we are talking about. I over-think and that would be enough to kill me. I was dead frightened. I felt two grey eyes studying me with interest, it surely wasn't Kiara's, as she had brown eyes just like her mother. Keith was staring at me. I looked at him and for a fleeting moment our eyes met and we didn't remove our gaze from each other.

"I'm afraid of flying," I whispered to him, timidly. He looked taken aback. What? What is weird about that? Can't a human being be afraid of flying?

"Ladies and gentlemen, please make sure the seatbelts are fastened as we're about to takeoff." Again came the pilot's voice through the speakers.

I didn't even realize the plane had been moving all this time. Then it shook, suddenly. My teeth were chattering, my eyes widened in shock and my heartbeat accelerated. Then I felt it. His rather rough hands over mine. My knuckles were white from gripping the arm rest. His thumb traced over them and my eyes locked with his. I was so confused. Was this okay? I couldn't say anything. I couldn't react. Not in front of his parents, his sister and especially in my state of panic. He leaned in, placed a long lingering kiss on my forehead and just as he did that, the airplane stopped shaking and everything was calm, just the opposite of what I felt inside.

Author's note: hey guys! I know this is a short chapter but I promise the next one will be long enough J I'm very sorry I changed Kiara's age all of a sudden. It had to be done. I have plans.*wink wink* did you guys like this chapter? What do you think about Keith's behaviour? His actions? Again I'm sorry it was short. For those of you who did not get my message, I'm planning to update FMHH once a week. I'm not sure which day it will be. So you guys can comment which day is most suitable for you and majority wins. Please don't forget. And please vote, comment and if you like it and if you think your friends might like it please recommend.