Chapter 13: Keith's past (part 1)

Keith's POV

I relaxed, I looked out of the window and saw the blue sky and the clouds we were flying above. A first class flight to see my girlfriend or ex...depending on what she says. I know Alex has no time for her. She loved having fun but he had not time for fun. All he cared about was BUSINESS. I needed her and she needs me. At least that's what she said before her parents married her off to Alex. It was all business. 

The three of us met in college, Alex, Jessy and I. Alex and I were roommates and she knew Alex since she was small. Their parents were best of friends and business partners. I met her for the first time in the pub where me and Alex went to celebrTe the end of our first semester in college. 

Alex went over to the bartender and ordered two beers then shifted close to two girls who were throwing themselves at him. As he was flirting away, a girl came up to him and flicked his ear. She was wearing a dark sexy blue dress that showed her curves and she had chocolate brown hair tinted with the pub lights. I checked her out more than I've check out anyone else. Wow! Anyway, she was probably a one night stand that Alex had. They got arguing so I went over to them to see what's  up.

"How could you ditch us on thanksgiving? Have you got any idea how worried your mum was?"

"So what now?" Alex wailed. Woah that flick must've hurt. "I had the time of my life with the hottest chick in college", he winked.

" You disgusting creature", she spat.

" I would say", I piped in. She looked at me and her eyes lit up and her breath hitched. "And you are?" She inquired. 

"His roommate"  I said nodding at Alex. An awkward silence fell upon us. Just then "Ride it" started to play. I wasn't the only one enjoying it though. I saw her closing her eyes and enjoying the song. 

I did something crazily brave. "Wanna dance?" I asked. She nodded. Yes!!! I held out my hand and she took it. We made our way to the dance floor and stood in front of each other. My hands rested on her waist and her hands went up around my neck. Just then, I knew she was the one. We connected.

"Any refreshments sir?" My eyes tore away from the window. 

"No, thank you."

I closed my eyes...to see her face again...