One step ahead

(A/N  bruh I'm on fire with these chapters! Ya welcome!)

Gray and Tord walked a long ways down multiple buildings and hallways. Gray had no clue where they were going an frankly neither did Tord. Gray opened his mouth to say something but shut it. It was so awkward.

"Uh...T-Tord?" Gray said quietly walking up beside Tord who looked like he was just...emotionless. "Huh?" He said back not even looking up. "What...what's the problem you want me to help you with?" Tord stopped and looked up. Gray stopped too and had the look of worry on his face.

Tord cleared his throat and stood up straight with his hands behind his back. "Right um...see...Edd...He was the one writing the notes...and..he stabbed me twice...nobody else believes me cause Edd brainwashed everyone...you don't know him though so...I know you believe me but...he...hes gonna hurt Tom...and...I can't let him do that..." Tord said, his posture slowly going away as he hugged himself trying to hold back tears.

"Tord I..." Gray honestly didn't know what to say.

It was awkward again. "He isn't going to hurt anybody! I'm going to make sure of it..." Gray said putting on a confident smile. Tord looked up and smiled back chuckling a bit. "You dork..." He said still giggling. "Common...let's go find Tom so I can get him out that backstabbers grasp!" Tord said as he ran outside.

Gray sighed and his smile dropped. He slowly walked outside and when Tord saw him he put a smile back on his face.

Tord looked worried. "Tord?" "Where the hell did they go? They were just here!" Tord said looking around. "We'll find the-" Gray couldn't finish his sentence before Tord looked at him with seriousness plastered on his face. "Edd is ALWAYS going to be a step ahead of us! He...knows I was gonna get SOMEBODY to help me...so he disappeared...and..." Tord looked up and he looked terrified. He turned and shook Gray by his shoulders as he yelled. "And he took Tom with him!"

Tord was starting to freak out so Gray kneeled down to Tord's height and shooshed him. "Deep breathes ok..." Gray said in a calm tone. Tord took a few deep breathes and looked down.

"He is ok right?" "Of course he is...and we're going to find him!" Gray reassured with a smile. Tord looked back up and smiled as well.

//With Tom,Edd and Matt//

Tom, Edd and Matt were all making their way out the shed and back through the forest. Tom was holding onto Edd's arm for comfort, and Matt was walking next to them, eyeing them every few seconds.

"Hey Edd..." Tom spoke in a quiet voice which sounded like he had been crying, which he had been. "Yea?" "Is...Why did we leave Tord?" Tom said as he stopped and looked up. "Because he was being negative...and we only need positive things!" Edd said giving Tom  bright smile. Tom looked back down. "Oh come on! It's not like anyone likes him anywa-" "LISTEN HERE!" Tom yelled tears in his eyes. "Tord....Tord is NOT a bad person! HE was just trying to protect us...and that...I didn't see at first...I figured out he only meant well! He was positive Edd! You didn't have to stab him!" Tom yelled tears running down his face. "Wha? I didn't sta-" "Oh come on Edd! You're making it extremely obvious!" Tom yelled getting in Edd's face.

Edd sighed and looked up at Tom. "Guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way then huh?" Edd said in a monotone voice. "What?" Tom said getting back to his normal height cause shorty was standing on his tip-toes.

Edd suddenly pulled out a gun and smiled. "Both of you keep walking!" Edd said keeping a smile on his face. "Wh-Why are you doing this?!" Matt yelled. He had liked Edd for a long time. To see him betray them like this was just...heartbreaking. "Oh come on gingerbread! I was hoping you could help me out!" Edd said with his same sweet voice. "What do you mean help you?" Matt said turning around slightly but kept walking.

"See...Tom is right...I was the one to write those notes...and to make Tord look bad and to make everyone hate him...that's because I wanted his power...and I was going to make you my right hand man! So you would get the power as well...not as much but still!" Edd said smiling brightly at the end.

Matt was silent for a bit. He was obviously thinking quite hard. "Matt..." Tom said, worry in his voice. "Matt please don't!" Tom yelled as he was poked with the head of the gun. "Matt he's going to kill us!" "Shut up..." Matt said in a quiet voice as he looked up and he looked more serious than Tom had ever seen him.

Matt stopped walking. Edd stopped and turned around, making sure Tom did the same. "Ok...sounds fun! I'll join ya!" Matt says with a smile Tom has never seen on Matt...almost...evil.

"Awsome!" Edd yelled with another smile. 'How does someone go from being scared of another person to being partners with them?!' Tom thought as he kept walking.

They got all the way back to the apartments. Everyone went into Edd's and they tied Tom up and put him in a chair. "Well Tom...guess I didn't get to break your heart...but  Ican still break you other ways!" Edd yelled with a smile.

Tom looked worried and scared for a moment before his face turned to pure rage. "Tord is going to find you! And he's going to kill you!" Edd laughed at this. "Oh sweetie! I'm always a step ahead!" Edd yelled with a weird looking smile.

"What do you mean...WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Tom yelled, starting to struggle.

"I meeeean...he is never going to find us Tom...cause we aren't staying here..." Edd said as he pulled out his phone and showed it to Tom. It was google maps...wow how original...it showed a little shed over by the base.

"We're going here tomorrow morning...it's where i've kept all my findings on the red army...Tord saw it though so we'll have to go to the underground lab until I know the coast is clear-" "You have an underground lab?!" Matt said with excitement.

"Of course I do! What evil mastermind doesn't!" Edd and Matt laughed for a while. Tom gorwled and spoke up again. "Tord is going to find me! I know it!" Edd stopped laughing and leaned over to Tom with a serious face.

"Not if I find HIM first..." Edd said as he laughed manically and Tom's stomach folded a dozen times as he thought of what Edd had planned.