Gummy bears

It had been two weeks and Edd and Matt had only seen Tom come out twice. He looked terrible. He didn't say anything to them and now Edd was starting to feel guilty.

There was a knock on Matt's door and it was Edd holding the smol Tord who was playing a game on Edd's phone. "Hey Matt..." Edd said sadly before setting Tord down. "Go play buddy..." Edd looked down at Tord with a small smile an Tord smiled back running to his room. Matt and Edd sat on the couch and Edd looked terrible too. He had been trying to cut back on the drinking since Tord was around but he still did it anyway. He pulled out his flask and drank from it before groaning and leaning forward, resting his arms on his knees like a dad does when he's explaining something.

Matt sighed and reached his hand out. Edd was confused at first but when Matt pointed to the flask Edd sighed and looked down, slowly handing it to Matt. Edd thought Matt was going to just take it from him and set it down somewhere. But no. He took a sip from it too and kept his gaze down, handing the drink back to Edd. "Can I has some?" Tord asked popping out from behind the couch. He had been watching them and thought they were drinking cola or something. "N-No Tordie uh..." Edd said, putting it back in his pocket. "But...I sees you drink all the time...you always seems very sad then drink it and you gets all happy!" Tord said with a big smile. Matt and Edd looked at each other then Edd looked back at Tord with a smile. "If I give you gummy bears will you let me and Matt talk?" "YEA!" Tord yelled, jumping up and down from excitement cause gummy bears are lit.

Edd reached into his pocket and pulled out a ziploc bag with some red gummy bears. "Here you go kiddo...all red just like you like..." Edd said handing the bag to Tord. Tord gasped and laughed taking the bag. "Strawberry ones! Thank you!" Tord yelled running back to his room. "It's been hard hasn't it..." Matt asked, seeing Edd's fake smile drop. "Yea...I just...I can't believe I broke his nose..." Edd said, covering his face with his hands. Matt put a hand on Edds shoulder and scooted a little closer to him. "You did the right thing Edd..." "No..I didn't...I...I hurt him really badly Matt..." Edd said looking up at Matt, tears rolling down his face. Matt wiped Edd's tears away and smiled. "You did what you had to...it seems to me that Tord is one of the only things that brings you joy anymore...and you just wanted to protect him..." Edd pushed Matts hand away and looked down again.

"Should we go talk to him?" "NO!" Edd yelled jumping back up. He slowly sat down realizing he overreacted. "..no..I just...I know Tord is really scared of him and...If I ever brought him anywhere near him I just-" "Hey I could watch him while you talk to him..." Matt said with a smile. Edd shook his head. For some reason he wanted to keep this a secret but...he never wanted to leave Tord alone. He wanted him to stay with him for a while. He didn't even want him to stay with Matt, which was the reason Tord stayed with him permanently.

"I mean...if Tom only hit him then...just think of what he could do! You've seen him when he gets really mad Matt! He could break something or...what if...Matt what if....what if he kills him! What if Tom kills him!" Edd yelled just to hear a little whimper in the corner of the room. Him and Matt both looked over to see Tord crying. He had only heard the part about Tom killing him. "I-I gonna die?..." Tord whimpered hugging BunBun close. "No! No No No sweetie I would never let anyone hurt you!" Edd yelled getting up and running over to Tord, wiping his tears. "No...you said Tom was gonna kill me...." "I didn't say that Tordie I just...I was-" "I DON'T WANNA DIE!" Tord yelled turning around and running to his room, sobbing. Edd heard a door slam and he looked down starting to cry himself.

"I'll go talk to him..." Matt said as he walked past Edd and down the hall. About twenty minuets later Matt came out the room holding a cheerful Tord with BunBun and gummy bears. "Now what are we gonna tell Edd?" "I sorry it wasn't you're fault and I just gotted scared!" "Good!" When they walked back in Edd was sitting in the kitchen, hand in his hair, and flask in the other hand. "Edd?" Matt said putting Tord down and walking over to him. "Hey Ma-" Edd said turning around to see Tord and instantly put a smile on "Heya Tord! Are you ok now? I'm sorry I said those things to you..I didn't mean them.." Tord walked over with a strong frown on. He put his hand up and wiped a tear away from Edd's face. He thought he had wiped them all away but nope. "Why you crying?..." Edd's smile dropped and he sighed picking Tord up and sighing. "I'm crying because I don't want anything bad to happen to you...I really care about you Tord...and when Tom hurt you like that I just...I lostmy shi-...I lost my mind..." Tord hugged and and snuggled up to him. "I love you..." Tord said quietly making Edd actually smile for once.

That night when Tord was asleep, He was awoken by a squeak in the floor. He sat up and held BunBun really closely, looking around the room. "Hello?..." He said quietly. No response but it was too dark for him to see. He started to tear up as he looked around the room. Someone or something had closed his door so the hall light wasn't lighting up his room. He slowly got out of bed and tip-toed over to the door and opened it. When he went to go back to bed, he saw a figure of a human standing right over his bed holding BunBun. Tord screamed and ran to Edd's room yelling his name. Edd sat up and looked over at Tord with worry. Tord ran over, crying and held his arms up to be picked up. Edd did so and picked him up trying to get him to calm down. "Hey shh shh what's wrong?" "There...there's a people in my room..." Tord said through his tears. Edd got up and got a knife from the kitchen before going over to Tord's room. He opened the door and saw nothing.

"There's nobody here buddy..." "NO! Check under the bed!" He yelled hanging onto the back of Edd's pants. Edd sighed and checked under the bed, in the closet, in his toy box and even out his window. "Nope...nothing Tordie...I think you were seeing things..." Tord looked around still scared to death. "BunBun....WHERE BUNBUN! THE GUY HAD HIM!" Tord yelled jumping on the bed and looking through the covers for the bunny. Edd looked with him and looked puzzled. "Where did you put him?" "He was on my bed when I saw the guy! My door was closed and when I turned around he standing there holding BunBun!" Tord explained. Edd sighed and shook his head. "Go back to sleep ok...we'll find BunBun in the morning..." Edd said before kissing Tord on the cheek and walking away. "NO!" Tord yelled grabbing onto Edd's arm. "Don't go...:" "Tord it's really late...please go to sleep..." Tord sighed and laid down covering up in the covers. Edd smiled and walked out, not closing the door completely. It was about three in the morning before Tord woke up again and felt someone sitting beside him. The door was closed again and he could feel the weight on the other side of the bed.

He heard breathing. He started crying and began to get up and get Edd again but the person grabbed him. He screamed Edd's name but couldn't get it all out before his mouth was duck taped. "Shhhh" a voice said. "We're going somewhere special..." The voice said again. Tord could instantly recognize the voice. That voice was coming from Tom. Tom was in his room, holding him tightly, and put duck tape over his mouth, and said they were going somewhere special...Tord was thinking one think and one thing only, SHIT!