48 ~ "I chose you"

When Chanyeol was rushed away from me, I stayed in the waiting room and pulled out my phone to call Jongin. "Shae," he answered in his usual friendly tone. "How's your night going?"

"I'm staying with Chanyeol," I said so fast, I wasn't sure if he was able to catch it all. I waited for him to say something asking me to repeat, but he didn't. 

"Okay," Jongin said. "What happened?"

"Jongin, you're such a great guy," I said. "I've loved the time we've had together. If life hadn't worked out the way it did...I would have married you. I wouldn't even question it. But Chanyeol's my husband and we just work..."

"I thought you said the marriage was dying."

"The marriage was dying because we weren't together and made no effort."

"Shae," Jongin said in a more authoritative voice, as if questioning all my decisions. "You know you're adopting a child, right? You're not ready for that."

"I know I'm not."

"Then what the hell?" Jongin questioned. "You have a choice here, and you're choosing Chanyeol over me?"

"It's just how things worked out," I said. "I should never have dated you again. I would be running away if I chose you."

"I need to go," Jongin said. "I need to go on a run or something. Hopefully when I get back you'll come to your senses."

"I'm not changing my mind," I said. 

"Fine," Jongin said. "Then you're not going to hear from me again."

"Fine," I said. "I'm sorry I've done this to you."

"Have a nice life, Shae," Jongin said. "Have fun being a mother to a child that isn't yours." He hung up. 

I sat on the floor of the waiting room and cried. When I got all of it out, I laid down on the floor and fell asleep. I didn't wake up until I was nudged awake. Chanyeol's face looked back at mine, and he had bags under his eyes. I quickly sat up. "What time is it?" I asked. "Is the baby here?"

"It's 10:30 in the morning," Chanyeol said. "Have you been sleeping all night on this floor?"

"Yeah. What's going on?"

"Taehyeon was born over two hours ago. I've been in meetings since." 

I looked at Chanyeol. "Meetings?"

Chanyeol's eyes focused away from me, the corner of a chair. "Ha Na thought we were getting a divorce. When she found out we weren't she gave me a choice. Taehyeon or you."

"Chanyeol..."

"I chose you." A tear rolled down his cheek. "I know it was bothering you. Just coming home and all of a sudden having to be a mother. You're not ready and it's okay. We're young."

I wrapped my arms around Chanyeol and he hugged me back. "I can't believe you did that," I said softly. "You wanted a baby so much."

"I know," Chanyeol said. "But I wanted you back more. I could never choose anyone over you." He pulled away, and looked into my eyes. "But you have to tell Jongin. Right now."

"I did last night."

"You were serious?" Chanyeol asked. "It wasn't a thing of the moment?"

"I'm serious," I told him. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Chanyeol's hands went to my neck, and he got close. "I got interrupted last night." He smiled, biting his lip. We both leaned in and kissed. It was passionate and like how it used to be. After several minutes, Chanyeol pulled away. "Let's go on a trip. Your choice."

"What? No, you pick."

"No, wife picks."

I blushed. "We've talked about Italy a few times."

"Let's go to Italy then," Chanyeol said. "Mmm, next week? It can be like a second honeymoon." He winked. "So you have a week to learn Italian."

"What's going on here?" Sooyoung came into the waiting room and asked. "Saehee."

"We're going to Italy next week," Chanyeol said. "Second honeymoon."

"I thought you were getting a divorce," she questioned. 

"No. Absolutely not," Chanyeol said. "Don't like up another adoption for us until we tell you. We're going to have our two year anniversary soon and we have control of our marriage, you and Dad don't."

Chanyeol was finally standing up to his parents.