14 ~ "You look like trash next to me"

After eating, and shoving cake in Chanyeol's face, I was tired. I was tired before everything started. But then we had to dance. Chanyeol took my hand, but instead of stopping at the dance floor, he led me over to the grand piano. Oh no. 

He sat down on the bench, making me stand at an angle to him. "When I heard this song, I immediately thought of Jung Saehee. We met only a month ago, but I was in love from the moment I saw her." He looked at me with a smile, but his eyes were shallow. I could see right through him. "I'm going to spend my life taking care of her. Even if we're young. I love you, Saehee." 

He looked down at the piano, and began playing. I watched his hands move across the keys, without errors. "Wise men say, only fools rush in," he sang smoothly. I could have died right there. "But I can't help falling in love with you." He looked at me as he played. How could he even do that? I have to look at the keys when I play. 

"Shall I stay, would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love you."

I bit my lip, looking away from him. I started blinking back tears. 

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be." I tried swallowing the lump in my throat. "Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you."

Now tears were rolling down my cheeks. I looked back at the keys of the piano, but not at Chanyeol, who was still facing me while singing. 

If Chanyeol was actually in love with me, that would be one thing. But he hates me as much as I hate him, and because of him, I've lost Jongin. I didn't want to be married to someone who hates me. I didn't want to be married to Chanyeol. 

But I was.

Chanyeol finished the chord, and then stood up, gently grabbing my neck and kissing me. It felt passionate, but I wasn't sure what was real anymore. Everyone was responsive, and applauding. When Chanyeol broke away, slow music started, and we were in the spotlight. He smiled, taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. With my free hand, I wiped my tears from my cheeks before Chanyeol rested his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

Chanyeol leaned close to my ear moments before saying anything. "Normally I would have encouraged you to not cry, but that was good."

"I wasn't trying to cry," I said.

"I know you weren't."

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop that," he said. "People are watching. How was my English?"

"It was....good enough," I said. 

"Good enough?" Chanyeol questioned. 

"I'll just have to help you with your pronunciation," I said. "No big deal."

"No, you're not going to help me with my pronunciation," Chanyeol said. "You'll just end up annoying me even more."

I exhaled. "Okay, so your English sucked, but you played really nicely." I decided not to mention his soothing deep voice. 

"Okay," he said. "Have you had anything to drink tonight? Any champagne?"

I shook my head.

"Why not? It's our wedding."

"Have you?"

"No."

I raised my eyebrows. "I won't drink if you won't drink."

"Then I guess we're not drinking," Chanyeol stated. 

"Guess not."

"But you drank a lot last week. I just thought you would again tonight."