44 ~ "What happened to us?"

I went back to the guest room, thinking about going back to sleep. Chanyeol wouldn't be able to make me fall in love with him again. I wondered if I even ever did love him. 

I heard footsteps from down the hall, and I saw Chanyeol walking in with breakfast on a tray. "Oh. I was going to give you breakfast in bed," he said. "Looks like you're not in bed."

"Yeah, sorry," I said. "I was busy listening to your conversation with Baekhyun."

He set the tray down, rolling his eyes. 

"You really think you can make me fall in love with you in two weeks?" I questioned him. "I'm really curious, Chanyeol. What are you going to do? Buy me a bunch of crap I don't care for because I don't have a rich mindset?"

"I guess you'll just have to find out," Chanyeol said. "Let's not tell our parents that we're divorcing until Jongin gets here."

"I'm not changing my mind," I said. "I'm done."

"Please," Chanyeol said. "Give me two weeks."

"Whatever." I walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. 

"Are you going to eat the breakfast?" 

"No."

"Saehee."

"Chanyeol," I said back. "Let me shower in peace." When I didn't hear anything, I turned on the shower. I waited a couple of seconds, then peaked out of the door. I saw Chanyeol pacing down the hall. 

"She denied food, Baek. What? It was really good! ....I wish I could take her on a trip, but I'm on call because of this baby."

I went back into the bathroom and showered, and started getting ready for the day. When I checked my phone, I had missed calls from Jongin. "Hey Jongin," I called him back. 

"How was your night? I haven't heard from you."

"It was good," I said. "I told Chanyeol."

"Was he upset?"

"He saw it coming, I guess. I'm in the guest room. I figured we can get a place together when you move back here. I don't like being here," I said, starting to pace. 

"Yeah, we can do that," Jongin said. "Anything."

I didn't see much of Chanyeol the rest of the day, and I went to bed. I was almost asleep when there was a knock on the door. "Saehee? Are you asleep?"

"Yeah," I muttered. 

"Can I sleep in here?"

"Chanyeol," I groaned. "What the hell."

"I watched a horror movie at Baekhyun's tonight and I don't want to sleep alone. I'm scared."

"Go back to Baekhyun's. You could be anywhere else but here."

"I won't touch you. I promise."

"You're not sleeping in here."

"I won't talk to you tomorrow. Please. Just one night. I'll be okay tomorrow."

"Fine," I said, and Chanyeol quickly came in and joined me in bed on the other side. I sat up and put pillows in between us, and laid back down. 

"Thank you," Chanyeol said after I was almost asleep again. I opened my eyes and exhaled, rolling to my back so I'd be awake. 

"Why would you watch a horror movie if you knew it would scare you?" I asked. 

"Because it's Baekhyun and I didn't want him to laugh at me."

"You're an idiot," I said. 

"I know." Then it got so quiet, I could hear him breathing. "What did you like most about Spain?" 

"Are we seriously talking about this now?" I asked. 

"Yeah. I want to know."

I stared at the ceiling. "I don't know. Everything. Freaking....paella. I love paella."

"Paella?" Chanyeol repeated. 

"It's so good. I just love Madrid so much. It's such a beautiful city. I never got tired of it."

"Are you going back?" He asked. "What's next?"

"I...don't know what's next," I said. I hesitated before saying anything else. "What about you?"

"Raise Taehyeon," Chanyeol said. "I think I'll stay here. Not go anywhere."

"Well, you have to, because of the business."

"I sold it to my cousin."

I sat up. "What?"

"My dad named me owner back in January. I was supposed to make it bigger but I don't really know how. I didn't want to study business, but my cousin did. I just want to study music."

"What does this mean?" I asked him. 

"I'm still really rich," he said, laughing. "Since I sold it. I'm not worried about anything." His laugh faded, and he breathed out. "We should probably talk some things out."

"About the divorce?" I asked. "Well, I cheated on you. So I don't expect anything."

"I'll get full custody on Taehyeon," Chanyeol said. "If I have the house, I could probably give you some money. Don't sue me. Let's not have this get ugly for the press to eat up."

"I don't want it to get ugly," I told him. "You don't have to give me anything. I'll just leave. Sign stuff and leave."

"Unless you want to stay and work stuff out."

"Chanyeol."

He didn't say anything, and I figured that the conversation was over and that he had fallen asleep. "What happened to us?" 

"I don't know," I said. If I thought about it more I would have more answers. I didn't want to keep him waiting forever for an answer. "We were forced to get married."

"But we fell in love."

"I think it was just infatuation on my part," I said quietly. "You're a really great guy, Chanyeol."

"It was not infatuation."

"I think we could have been good friends," I said.

"What?" Chanyeol sat up, and I could tell he was looking at me even though it was dark. "We can be good friends and have a good marriage. I don't know what's going on in your head."

I didn't say anything.

"Think, Saehee," Chanyeol said. "Think about all the time we were married and tell me that you were in love with me. Maybe not now, I get it. But you had to have been."

I exhaled, looking at the dark ceiling. "Chanyeol, I just don't see how you could love me if I can't give you children."

Chanyeol leaned over to me, but then stopped himself. "Sorry," he said, retreating back to his side. "I wasn't going to touch you."

"It's fine," I muttered. 

"I will always love you," he said. "Yeah I want kids, but life works out. I was going to love you either way."

"I'm going to sleep," I said, and rolled to my side so that my back was facing him.