46 ~ "Can I take you on just one more date?"

"Saehee?"

I looked up at Chanyeol standing in the doorway. I hadn't been in bed very long, and wasn't yet asleep. "What?"

"Do you want to sleep in the master bedroom with me?"

"Is that movie still scaring you?" I asked him. 

"Not really."

I just stared at him. 

"I...I know you're probably going to move out when Jongin gets to Korea. I promise I won't touch you."

"I somehow ended up cuddling with you last night," I said. "No."

"That was all you," he said. When I didn't say anything, he exhaled. "Okay." He walked out and down the hall to the master bedroom. 

I laid in my bed, thinking about the short dialogue between us and replaying it over and over in my head. Why was I even thinking about it? 

I closed my eyes, hating myself. I missed cuddling with Chanyeol. Or just being in the same bed as him. 

I couldn't stay with him. I couldn't. 

So why would I sleep in the same bed as him?

I threw the covers off my body, and got out of my bed. I walked down the dark hall, feeling the walls to make sure I wasn't going into the wrong room or something. When I found the master bedroom, I stood in the doorway like Chanyeol did. "Chanyeol?"

"Yeah?" 

"I want to sleep in here."

"Okay," he said, after a couple of seconds. I heard him moving. "Here."

I blindly walked over to the side I usually slept on. It had been so long. When I got in the bed, the covers were warm. 

Chanyeol had been sleeping on my side. 

I didn't call attention to it, I just got comfortable on my side. The bed was huge, it wasn't a big deal. I wasn't going to wake up cuddling with him or anything. 

"You changed your mind," Chanyeol said, breaking the silence. 

"Yeah."

"I won't touch you."

"You keep saying that."

"Because I want you to trust me."

I exhaled, my back facing him now. "Chanyeol, I'm leaving you."

"Really." I heard him moving, and his breath touched the back of my neck. He was facing my back. I turned around, facing him. "Because you came in here."

"Yeah," I said, defensively. "I'm used to sleeping with someone in the room. I had a roommate all year. And before a roommate, I had you. Sorry it's hard for me to fall asleep alone."

"Okay okay," Chanyeol said. "I get it."

I sighed, closing my eyes and fading. When I woke up, the sun was beating down on my face like it used to when I slept in this room. I got up, leaving Chanyeol in the bed asleep, and grabbed my phone and went down to the kitchen to make scrambled eggs. And for the fun of it, I made extra for Chanyeol. 

I called Jongin, once I saw all the texts he left. "Hey Jongin."

"Hey. Sorry I got all helicopter boyfriend on you. I was just wondering how you've been."

"I've been fine," I answered. 

"Is Chanyeol leaving you alone? Respecting you?"

"Yeah. He's being really great about this," I said, feeling a hole in my stomach that wasn't hunger. 

"Just nine more days," Jongin said. "Then I'll be in Korea and we can start our lives together. Officially."

"Yeah. I'm going to call you later. I'm making scrambled eggs and I'm needing two hands. Love you."

"I love you too Shae."

I hung up, and started stirring the scrambled eggs better before they were sticking to the pan. "Glad to know I'm being really great about this," I heard Chanyeol behind me. I jumped, because he scared the crap out of me. I turned around and looked at him, and he was laughing. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

I shook my head, looking back at the scrambled eggs. "Do you want some?"

"Is that another way of saying 'I made breakfast for you, Chanyeol'?" 

"Glad to know you're being a cocky idiot today," I said. I focused on the eggs. "Yeah, I made breakfast for you." I felt Chanyeol wrap his arms around my stomach, resting his head on my shoulder. My eyes widened. "Chanyeol!"

He let go and backed away. "I'm sorry!"

"What in the hell was that?" I questioned him, turning off the stove burner. I grabbed two plates and dished the scrambled eggs onto them equally. 

"I don't know. Sometimes...I just forget I can't do that. I'm sorry." 

I handed him his plate to carry to the table. We sat there, eating the scrambled eggs in silence until Chanyeol spoke up again. "These are really good. Thanks for making breakfast."

"You're welcome."

"Do you want to do something today?"

I looked at him. "What?"

He looked at me, and exhaled. "Can I take you on just one more date?"

"Chanyeol." I set my fork down.

"Please. We missed out on the dating experience before we got married."

"Yeah, and now we're divorcing. None of it matters, Chanyeol."

"Please," Chanyeol said. "I just want a chance to treat you really well one more time."

"But why?" I asked him. "What's the purpose?"

"Everything was so fake and forced in our marriage," Chanyeol said. "This is me genuinely wanting to treat you well for real before you go."

I exhaled. "Fine."

"We have a reservation at Yong Su San at 7 pm tonight. I'll be wearing a tux."

"You're extra, you know that?" I said. "I'll wear a dress and stuff. I'll try to have a good attitude about this."

"Good," Chanyeol said, and got up. "See you in a few hours."

I went to the house library to continue reading the Mandarin book I was reading the day before, and the day drifted away. Before I knew it, it was around 2:30. I rolled my eyes, thinking about how much time I would need to look really nice. 

But why did I care so much?

I pulled out my phone to call Jongin. "Hey," I said when I heard him pick up. "I'm going out with some friends tonight, so I won't be around my phone much. Just wanted to let you know."

"Is it really bad there?" Jongin asked. "Chanyeol's not trying to make a move on you, is he? I feel like he would."

"No, we just stay on our own sides of the house," I lied. "I just wanted to get out of the house."

"I love you, Shae," Jongin said. "Nine days. Remember that."

"I will," I said. "I love you, Jongin."