2 ~ "What if I don't go through with this?"

I walked down the staircase as I heard my stepfather's voice echoing throughout that part of the building. "Ah, here she is," he said. "This is my daughter Jung Saehee, and Saehee, these are the Parks - Park Jinwoo and his son, Park Chanyeol."

At first glance, Park Chanyeol didn't seem that attractive, but as I kept glancing at him as our fathers spoke to each other, I realized that he was quite handsome. And tall. I was completely zoning out, noticing all Chanyeol's soft facial features when I saw his face tense up suddenly. "At the end of the summer?!"

My eyes widened, as I realized I hadn't heard anything. I stayed silent. 

"That's in two months," Chanyeol said. "We'd be going to school together. That's just weird."

"This has to be done immediately. You two will be spending a lot of time this summer together to get to know each other," my stepdad said. "And Saehee, I've decided to enroll you in Jeguk so you can attend school together."

"We would like for you to fall in love," Park Jinwoo said. "We're not horrible people."

"Let's just get this dinner over with," Chanyeol said, walking over to me and involuntarily arching his arm so I could hold onto it on the way out to the limo.

When we got into the limo, I noticed Chanyeol was deep in thought, mouthing something. He finally looked over at me. "Do you go to Jeguk High School?" He asked very carefully in English.

I smiled at how nice his voice sounded. "You speak English?" I asked back in English.

"Not well. If you speak slowly..."

I smiled. If he thought I wasn't fluent in Korean, maybe he would be more against the marriage and help call it off. I proceeded to answer in English. "No, but I will be attending to Jeguk High School. I'll be starting my last year. And you?"

"Me too," Chanyeol said. He was making a face.

I exhaled. "What?"

"You know Korean?"

I shook my head. "I only understand a little bit of it. I can't speak it."

Chanyeol looked irritated. This was good. I wondered if I could keep this up all night. "Do you understand me right now?" He asked in Korean.

I nodded. "If you speak slowly..."

He exhaled. "Your father spoke rather fast in your house."

"I didn't understand much of what he was saying. Can you tell me?" I asked, careful not to slip back into Korean. It was easy for me to answer back in Korean when people spoke to me in Korean, just because I had gotten so fluent. 

"We're getting married at the end of the summer."

"Summer?" I asked.

"In two months," Chanyeol said, louder. 

"Two months?" I echoed back in English.

"Two months!" Chanyeol said, louder. 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not deaf."

"What?" Chanyeol asked. "I don't know that word."

"Never mind."

We got to the restaurant, and I cringed as I realized that I've been to this restaurant with Jongin. It felt so wrong to be here with Chanyeol. We sat down. 

"Tell me what you want and I'll order for you," Chanyeol said. "I don't know how you even live here," he muttered.

"No," I said. When the waitress came over to take our orders, I imitated broken Korean to order. I glanced at Chanyeol as I gave her the menu, and he looked disgusted with me.