Chapter 20 (part 2)

The beautiful bright sun peeks out over the calm sea as a flock of birds fly delicately over this breathtaking scenery. I can sit and gaze out all day. The smell of the fresh ocean scent makes it all so surreal.

I have a warm sensation through my body, a feeling I haven't felt for these past few days. Fucking peace. The gentle breeze passes by, reminding me that it's still the crack of dawn and the sun hasn't fully revealed itself yet. It suddenly reminds me that I can't stay here forever, I'm immediately filled with disappointment.

"You good?" A soft, deep voice speaks out.

"It's nice out here."

A smile forms upon his face and the corners of his eyes crinkle, "That's why you're sad?"

"I'm not sad. I just wish I can stay here all day. Get away, you know?"

"From Geo." He States for the second time.

"Why do you keep saying that," I ask, turning my head to look at him.

"It's pretty obvious."

I sigh, I know he wants to know but I can't tell him. There's nothing to tell him. He won't even understand. I don't even think I understand.

While running my hand through the soft warm sand...I start thinking of ways to tell him.

"Do you know.." I begin, still struggling to find the right words, "how it feels when you like someone who doesn't know what they want?"

"Geo?" Jean chokes out. I can tell he's hiding his laughter and I can't help but to feel embarrass.

I tuck some hair behind my ear and continue to dig my hands through the sand, "Never mind, it's stupid."

" Nah it's not that. It's just the fact that someone's actually telling me that Geo doesn't know what he wants? That shit's impossible."

"I wish it was impossible." I hug my knees to my chest before continuing, "God Jean. I feel so stupid. I don't even know why I like him. If you knew the fucked up things that he's done, you'll question it too."

We share a minute of silence before He clears his throat, "well, are you going to tell me?"

I shake my head and look back at the sea.

"Here." Jean begins tapping my shoulder. I look at him and watch as he pulls out the case of beers he had got from 7/11.

He had talked me into letting him bring some along with us. I have in only because he guilt tripped me by saying he's risking his friendship by ditching him to go with the girl that Geo is "talking to." I found that hilarious but I still agreed with it.

"You look like you need some."

"Beer?" I ask, with a disgusted look.

"You never had beer?"

I take the cold object in my hand and study it as if its an unknown creature " Eh..is it bad?"

He takes a can of his own, cracks it open, and downs some.

I follow his lead, letting the liquid touching my own tongue and downing it. It's not bad. It's disgusting, but disgustingly good in a way.

We meet each other's gaze at the same time. Jean chuckles and the crinkles come back. I can't help but to let out a little giggle as I lean my head on his shoulder. I place the beer back on the sand.

"We should stay for just a little while longer." He says with a yawn. He lays back, taking me with him. I didn't hesitate though, it wasn't like I was laying on his chest.

I continue to rest my head on his shoulder and look at the sky, "We should stay as long as we want."

iMessage
Juwany: Where the fuck are you

A/N
Tm is my last day of school. I was suppose to finish up my dance final but instead I took my time to right this short update. I hope you guys enjoyed. Comment your favorite character. Thoughts on the characters. Parts of this book that pissed you off or made you happy. I love to read your comments!