Chapter 3

It's funny how it's only the first day since I've been to this school and I already lost a $650 phone.

Not to mention my new enemy guy.

Things will definitely get worse if someone takes that phone or has it in their possession right now.

"Its rose gold with a clear case. With a picture of my daughter and her friend" my mother explains.

The lady nibbles on her bottom lip as she pulls open what I assume the lost and found drawer. "Hmm..nope. It's not in here."

"Well...can we check around?" My mom urges.

"I don't think I'm allowed to let you ma'am. Also, it's also time for me to pack it up and call it a day."

"Well. Is she allowed to check first thing in the morning?"

"I don't see why not." The lady shrugs. The tone of her voice makes me think that she's being quite rude.

It doesn't bother my mom though. She picks up her purse from the counter and walks out, me at her heels of course.

"You will be in that school first thing in the morning." She commands.

I nod in agreement, I don't think saying no to her is best right now.

...

7:00 a.m

I go through my locker for the last time before checking the hallway I walked up yesterday. My mom wasn't kidding when she said first thing in the morning.

It's been about a good ten minutes since I've been here and I haven't found anything.

I put all my books back the way they were and shut it close.

I then make my way to the stairs. Muffled voices echo throughout the stairwell which makes me stop short.

I didn't know other students were allowed to come in before 7:10?

Curiously, I walk up to the door, putting my ear near the open spot to hear better.

"Are you sure no one is here?" A female voice questions.

"Positive."

"And you will delete it right after?"

"I'll think about it."

That deep voice sounds really familiar. I think back to yesterday. Back to when I got shoved by that guy.

I think back to that accent.

It's him..but delete what?

"Juwany! A deal is a fucking deal!" She says a little too loudly.

"Lower your fucking voice." He growls back.

Silence. Did they leave?

I reposition my ear and step a little closer to the door.

"All I'm saying is maybe I wanna extend this deal." The guy, Im guessing Juwany, says.

"That's not fair. I really need you to delete that thing. No one can know that I-"