Chapter 16 (Part 2)

"Helloo?"

That's the word that snapped me out of my thoughts. Thank god. I can't imagine him saying those words..or looking so hurt.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine." I lie while tucking some of my damp hair behind my ear.

Nice. Another lie.

" Are you sure? You missed half the school day and you look exhausted."

"I'm ok Noah. I just stayed at my aunt's house a little longer than expected. That's all."

"Your aunt?"

"Yea."

He arches a brow, "I thought you went to your grandmother's for dinner."

Shit.

Chuckling to loudly to my self, I tap my head gently, "Sorry, I meant my grandmother. I'm so tired." I frown.

"I'm glad you made it." He smiles.

I can't help but to smile as well. This is making things harder to be honest.

Sam approaches our table and sets her lunch down as I start to massage my temples.

"You guys aren't hungry?" She asks.

Noah and I shake our heads in unison. Sam shrugs and plops down to eat her food. We watch her plop a popcorn chicken nugget in her mouth.

"Shall we talk about the mystery thief?" She questions before swallowing.

Noah's green eyes turns in my direction, "I don't know. Shall we Beatrice?"

I know he's referring to me thinking the thief is Juwany. Which it is. But, of course, he doesn't know this...yet. He's just assuming. I never confirmed it to him. I don't think I will.

"What else did you come up with in the video?" I ask Sam, totally ignoring him.

She nibbles on her bottom lip before answering, " Well, other then the thief being a male..nothing." She frowns.

"Nothing." Noah repeats.

Sam nods and continues to nibble on her lip.

"Could you make out his height? His hair? His color?"

"Well, he has a caramel skin complexion. I'm not sure about his hair though, it was hidden by his hoodie. Height? About 5'5, maybe 5'6? Pretty short for a dude if you ask me." She giggles to make that insult a little less mean.

I'm just wondering how she could see his height from that angle. I never watched the video, but isn't cameras always in the top corner?

And how is she so accurate with the height? I remember Juwany telling me his height yesterday when we basically skipped. He did say he was short. I wouldn't know...I'm 5'1.

Does Noah know it's Juwany now? Does he even know his height? I'm stuck between not wanting Juwany to get caught and wanting my phone back.

I'm just scared to see what would happen between us if he was to get in trouble. Not only would I not feel his lips against mine again, but, when I texted him a few days ago 'I hope getting suspended satisfies you.' And he responded with, 'And I hope getting your shit leaked satisfies you.' Does that mean if Sam finds out and Juwany gets called to the office, he would leak my stuff? Would he still do that to me? After last night? After this morning?