Chapter 8

The walk to my house was pretty quiet. Well, except some compliments and comments about my outfit from Liz.

I can't continue a conversation. I'm too focused on what she has to tell me.

Can it pleaseee not be terrible news.

I hope she's joking and it's just a surprise for me. Maybe tickets to a concert or a meet and greet or something.

I already have way too much on my plate for more bad news.

I close the door behind us and kick off my shoes. We walk straight to my room and I close that door too.

"Well." She begins as I plop down on my bed," I know I told you that everything is fine and all the talk is going down at the other school."

"Is it not?" I ask feeling my stomach turn.

"No no, it is..but I forgot to mention something."

"Well, tell me."

"Alright..but don't freak out."

I tap my foot on the floor impatiently making her sigh, "okay. There were these police officers  looking for you. Well, I assume they were because they called me down to the office and asked me about you."

"What did they ask specifically?" my attention is now fully on her and I sit up a little bit.

"Just stuff like 'What's your relation to Beatrice?  Do you know where she is currently? Do you know who her boyfriend? Did they seem to be in a happy relationship ' ect. It was pretty dumb questions."

"But why?"

"Well Bea...what you guys did is counted as child p-"

"Okaaaay!" I yell as i start to realize the next word she's about to say, "But, I mean..it's been a while why are they asking about me now."

" I guess they were trying to put it off as long as possible. But they still have to investigate."

I nibble on my bottom lip not knowing how to respond. I'm trying to get away from all of this and it's coming back to me.

It's just a matter of time until they come to my school, looking for me. Then what? What will everyone think of me then? The same thing that everyone thought of me at my old school.

"What should I do?"

"Just find your phone. That's what they need."

I shake my head, " I don't want them to look! Why would I give them my phone?"

"It's the law Bea. I don't think you should mess with the evidence either."

I hold my face in my hand once again, " so, basically, it's either risk the whole school knowing or get arrested?"

"I think.." she answers.

"Greaaaat." I get up and grab the black bag of snacks, "let's watch a show or something."

...
Liz and I watched tv for about an hour before starting up another conversation.

This time it's about Noah.

"So..thats why you hung up on me?"

"Yea. I'm really sorry about that."

"It's ok..is he cute?"