2. Stop fighting

"How are you feeling?" Shawn asked. He had his both hands on the steering wheel, but his grip wasn't as tight as it had been. He was able to relax a bit. 

"Like dying," Evelyn moaned. She had her eyes closed. 

Shawn chuckled. The silver and her meds had started to finally wear off. He could smell it. But her wolf scent was still missing. 

They had been driving the whole night because he wanted to get as far away from the city as possible. He had stopped somewhere between Boston and Portland, Maine, parked the car behind an abandoned gas station and run in his wolf form. He hadn't gone too far from the car, though, because of Evelyn. She hadn't even noticed his absence, she had been asleep. After a ten minute run, Shawn felt like a new man: excited and ready to start the rest of his life.

His mate's moans had started to make him laugh. At first, she had been like a junkie and it had made him angry and annoyed. But now it was more like a hangover - a cute hangover. He couldn't wait to experience her real scent again. 

Suddenly Evenly jumped in her seat. 

"Stop the car," she hissed.

"Wh-"

"Stop the car!"

"Ok, calm down. I'll stop the car," Shawn said and started to pull over. The car hadn't even fully stopped when Evelyn opened the door.

"Hey!" Shawn yelled and grabbed her arm to stop her from jumping out. That's when he felt it. Barely, but still felt it. A tingling feeling on his fingers and palm. Somehow she managed to wriggle out of his grasp and step out of the car. Within a second Shawn was out of the car as well. He saw how Evelyn tried to stagger away from the car into the woods. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

She didn't turn to look at him but said: "You... stay away from me."

"Babe," Shawn said and crossed his arms. He didn't bother to follow her. She was not getting anywhere.  She was battling gravity. 

"Babe," he repeated. 

"What!" she yelled in frustration.

"You do know that was your second lap  around that  tree trunk."

"Sh-Sh-Shut up! Stay away!"

"I'm not moving," Shawn said. "What are you doing?"

Evelyn stopped. It looked like she was holding her hands against an invisible wall to keep herself standing.

"I. Can. Not. Be. In. That. Car," she said still having her back to Shawn.

"Why is that?"

"Asshole!" she snapped.

Shawn started to laugh. 

"Fuck you," she continued.

"Careful, babe, if you don't want just that," Shawn teased.

*******************************

He was enjoying this, Evelyn realized. But more importantly, he knew what was happening. The situation was hopeless - there was no way out.

The mark on her neck had... woken up. It sent overwhelming, and unwanted, sensations through her body. It was on fire, but not in a painful way. But Evelyn hated it because she couldn't control it. 

His arrogant smirks and chuckles made her want to strangle him. That prick!

"Careful, babe, if you don't want just that," he said. He was teasing her.