Ch. 7

This is Ethan. 

----------

I had just told Ethan I liked him, and all he did was stare at me with his mouth opened.

"I..." he started before shane came running up.

"Coach is looking for you. I told him that you are going to the bathroom and Ethan needed to get something from his car." Shane said looking at me.

"Okay, you and Ethan walk back together and I will go into the bathroom really quickly to wash my face." I explained.

I walked into the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. I had tear streaks, but that was it. Luckily I don't wear makeup. What was he going to say?

I ran back to the field, and we started tryouts. Coach told us that we would just do some drills today, and then tomorrow we will tryout for position. I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow, because I have to fight against Tristan for the quarterback spot.

----------

My dad and I were in the car after tryouts and he asked me what happened when he went into the school for the cooler.

"Your cheeks were all puffy and I could tell that you had just been crying." He informed me.

"Nothing dad I am fine"

"No your not. Did Ethan do something?"

"No" 

"Did something happen when I was gone that I need to know about."

"No. Nothing happened, me and one of the guys were throwing the ball around. When they threw it I slipped through my hands, and hit me square in the nose, that is why I was crying."

"Ok, but you know you can tell me anything."

"I know"

----------

I walked into school the next day, to be greeted by glares from everybody in the hallway. Except for one person, Ethan. He walked up to me with a smile.

"Hey" He greeted me.

"Hey, Why is everybody staring at me.

"Well, once Tristan found out that nobody knew Coach was your dad. He posted a picture of you and your dad on Facebook with a comment saying no wonder she is trying out she is a daddy's girl."

I was about to say something when Meggy, the girl that every guy has dated, walks up and literally hangs on Ethans arm.

"Come on baby you know you want me." she says to Ethan, not even hesitating to look at me or say hi. She just jumped right in.

"I actually don't. I like someone else" He says look into her cold grey eyes.