Chapter 31 | The Pervy Kid

Start from the beginning

His son was in the awkward stage of life and everything he did was cringeworthy. I also felt like he was eye raping me and my sister but I caught him staring at my chest multiple times.

Harrison spent the entire lunch asking me and Brianna questions, while mom asked Carl questions that clearly showed how much the two bonded. I felt a little jealous but I tried to shake those feelings away.

Mom decided to give Harrison and Carl a tour of the house but Carl declined. My and Brianna met up in the kitchen to discuss the events taking place.

"Brianna, I don't feel so good. That breakfast speech would've been okay if it were something else. This guy literally knows dad and I'm certain that he's holding back stories to tell."

"Calm down, nothings going to happen and after the perverted looks we're getting from that disgusting kid, I'm sure mom will reconsider dating him." Brianna said.

"It's just so hard. I feel like I'm witnessing her cheat on dad." I ran a hand over my face and released a deep breath. "It's alright Blakey," she said before giving me a hug.

When we pulled out we found Carl staring at us. "Show me your boobs," he said to us.

We glared at the kid but he didn't do anything.

"How about I pinch yours out for you?" I suggested and he gave me a look.

"I liked yours better, anyways." He said to Brianna.

"Have girls ever given you a wedgie?" Brianna asked him as she took two steps towards him. He looked at us I'm horror before running out of the kitchen. We laughed as he ran to Harrison.

Once everyone settled down again, mom brought dessert. She said she wanted to bake all by herself so it took a while to prepare. Well, Harrison was allowed to help her so...

"I won't apologize for being late. I think everyones hungry enough to finish the two batches of croissants I made." She said as she put down a tray full of them on the center table.

Everyone quickly grabbed them and we started to munch them down. They were absolutely delicious, especially the chocolate flavored ones.

"Charice Bennet, my God these are delicious. No wonder you had David wrapped around your finger." Harrison laughed.

I dropped my croissants and blankly stared at Harrison and mom back and forth.

His just mentioned my dad, David.

The room grew quiet except for the sounds of Carl chewing.

"W-why did you say his name?" I asked when nobody said anything.

"Blake—" My mom said.

I stood up and left as I felt anger brewing inside of me.

I went to the kitchen and opened a bottle of water. Not bothering to get a glass, I downed as much as I could in one sip. When I put it down I noticed Harrison entering with a plate in his hand. He quickly got comfortable on one of the stools and I raised my brow at him.

"Do you know how much you look like your father?" he said. I shifted my eyes from him to the bottle of water I was holding. "You have the exact same eyes. It's hard not to think about him when looking at you."

"I'm sure that must be a problem for you and mom." I said as I sat across him.

He chuckled lightly. "You also have the same attitude. The boldness, the way you speak your mind without thinking about the consequences. It's a good and bad trait you know. It was smart of you to leave back there. You're giving me chance." He said.

I scoffed at him. "I'm not giving you a chance, I'm giving it to my mom. But I think it's better if you leave rather then provoking us to split up again." I said firmly.

"I'm not provoking anyone. When David decided to leave, I tried to stop him till the very last minute." He said.

"You? After what you did, you still had the guts to face him?" I said. This man was disgusting!

"Wait, what do you think happened? David left Charice because he thought she was having an affair with one of my employees at my therapy center." He said.

"So it wasn't you?" My eyes were wide as I asked him.

"Blake, I don't know what you thought but thats ridiculous. I wouldn't do that to David, he was a good friend of mine." He explained.

I internally groaned and cursed at Brianna so assuming things. But to be nice to Harrison still wasn't an option.

"But you're with his wife now." I pointed out.

"It's been a very long time." He mumbled after a while. I knew this had to do with the divorce and dad's passing away so I took his answer.

"How did it happen, you and mom?" I asked.

It was hard not to notice how a smile tugged his lips and his eyes lit up. I almost felt a little happy but mostly anger because Dad never had that look. It was like he lost all faith in finding love again.

"I'll start from a little before I started to realize things," he cleared his throat and continued as I nodded at him. "A month before Carl was expected to be due, my wife Paula decided we should go to a festival in town so I took her and everything was going great until she went in labor. Many routes were blocked for the parade and because of the crowd it was hard to maneuver. You mother was there and immediately came to help us out. By the time we got in an ambulance Paulas condition was worsening. Your mother helped deliver Carl but she couldn't save Paula." He took a deep breath and I genuinely felt bad for him.

"After that your mother and I would often stumble upon each other and she would give me tips on how to care for the baby. Many times she came to look after Carl even though I would tell her not to. She said it was the least she could do after I tried to help her." He sighed and looked at me.

"If it weren't for her then I probably wouldn't even have a son. She wasn't that easy to impress but she finally agreed to dinner." He said.

Before I could speak, mom and Briana entered the kitchen too.

"We've been together for five years now. I didn't have the courage to tell you girls." Mom said and I nearly choked. I cringed at Brianna's face because she still didn't know the real story.

"I think this is enough for today." I said as I took Brianna's hand to drag her out of the room.

"And Harrison?" I turned my head to look at him from over my shoulder. "Your sons a pervert."

I took Brianna to my room and explained everything to her. She asked me why I didn't ask Harrison about dad but I simply told her that his opinion on dad didn't matter to me.

Brianna told me that since Harrison didn't do anything wrong, we should be supportive of them. She also said that they must be I'm love which is why he lit up like a Christmas tree. It did make sense because I saw an obvious connection between all day.

We said goodbye to him when he left and we glared at his son kept his head down the entire time we were there. I had to stifle back a laugh when Harrison gave him a warning look before the kid said goodbye to us.

When they left, me and Brianna casually went downstairs to work on our college applications some more.

"What was that?" mom said.

I could only imagine being lectured on everything we did while Harrison was there.

"What what was what?" I asked and Brianna glared at me before taking away my candy bars whilst mumbling something. I rolled my eyes at her and looked at mom.

"Was he really a pervert? Harrison had a go on him. It better not have been a joke." She said.

"Trust me, mom, you don't want to know." I said while waving my hand dismissively.