Twenty

"But know I'll never give you up, maybe we've just had too much." ~ Too Much by Rendezvous at Two

This chapter has not been edited nor checked for spelling mistakes or grammatical error.

_______________________

Chapter Twenty

"Oh thank God exams are over." Monica sat down in front of me as I was looking at my readings.

"You're lucky you're finished. I still have one this week and another next Wednesday." I uncapped my highlighter and dragged it across the page I was on to get the important parts.

"You better finish all your readings for this week's test," she said as she plucked off a cookie off my plate. "Because I want us to go out tomorrow."

"And if I don't?" I looked up from my notes.

"We're still going out nonetheless. I realized that we haven't gone out in a while and I was thinking that you and I need to destress these readings and lectures."

"I'll think about it."

"No you are not going to think about it, because we will go out one of these nights. Plus you haven't updated me on what's going on with you and Caleb."

"Well for starters, I think Liam and I aren't friends anymore because I told him we shouldn't date anymore." I sighed and drank my coffee from the table.

"He cut you off, just like that?" She asked and I just shrugged and continued reading the same line on the same page.

"And Caleb?"

I didn't answer her and Monica seemed to have picked that up.

"You and Caleb? What's happening?" She asked. "Are you guys banging again? Am I going to see him more often?"

"You are going to see him more often." I stopped her before she could fire off more questions.

"Since when?"

I put down my reading on the table and brought my feet up on the couch. "Since two nights ago."

"So you guys are back together now? That's good!" She stood up and sat own beside me.

"Are you going to tell Marcus?"

"Of course I'm going to tell him. I tell him everything now."

I paused and looked at her. "So this is getting serious."

"I know," Monica agreed. "I don't even know where to begin. It just happened and now he's part of me and what I do on a daily basis."

"That includes doing him on a daily basis right?"

"Totally," she shook her head and glared at me. "Don't steer clear of the subject. We're still focusing on you. Why'd you even ask that?"

"Because he cannot tell Liam."

"Wait so Liam doesn't know it's Caleb you're seeing?"

"Yes." I told her truthfully.

"Why didn't you say it to him again?"

"Because it would ruin their friendship." I told her. "Plus they're roommates and he's going to feel betrayed that I still have feelings for Caleb."

She nods slowly and takes in what I've said. "Did Caleb tell you that you guys should meet each other secretly?"

"I was the one who actually told him to keep our relationship a secret until it's the right time to tell him."

We actually talked about it on how we're going to do this relationship. I honestly told him that I don't want to be public yet because it'll reach Liam instantly and I don't want the two of them to go at it with each other with punches flying around. Caleb respected my decision that we see each other not as much but not so little either.