Seven

"Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new." ~ Do I Wanna Know by Artic Monkeys

Because the guitar at the beginning of the song is too good.

Picture above is Ashley.

__________________
Chapter Seven

The next day, I woke up a little earlier than expected. The sun hasn't risen yet, and the air was still cold.

Thought about going for a run, I got off my bed and wore spandex shorts, my sports bra and topped it with a hoodie. Grabbing my iPod and earphones, I left the building.

The streetlights were still lit and showed a pathway. I started with a light jog. The cold air immediately hit my face, and my shoes crunch against the pavement. Keeping my breathing balanced, I breathed in through my nose an exhaled through my mouth.

I felt sweat dripping down my face, and my chest heaving as I jogged. I didn't stop jogging until my legs would hurt. If the volume on my iPod was on full blast, I wouldn't have heard somebody jogging behind me.

I craned my neck to the side and saw him jogging in step with me. He only gave me a half smile and looked ahead. The sun started to rise and I can see a hint of orange and purple creep into the sky. Plucking the earphones off my ears I said, "Funny seeing you here."

Caleb let out a breath. "I jog every other day in the morning. This is just one of those days." I saw that his shirt clung to his chest and you could see the trail of sweat evident on his shirt. I shook my head and looked ahead, continuing my jog.

"You've improved," He said after a moment.

"What can I say," I shrugged "I made it into a habit."

"Right." Caleb rolled his eyes. "Back then, you wanted to call it quits in the first ten minutes of jogging."

"Oh shut up." I bit back a smile. "I wasn't a fan of it back then. But I bet I can beat you in a sprint."

Caleb smiled and from the side, his dimple showed. "You did not just say that to a football player."

"I believe I did."

"You really want to challenge me? An athlete?"

"Now that's just very mean. Just cause you're an athlete and I'm not, you think you'll win?"

"I don't just think Ash," he said. "I know it."

"Always the conceited one." I tsked. As we jogged through the lit pathway, I saw a tree at the end.

"You see that tree at the end of the trail?"

"What about it?"

I turned to him. "First one to reach it wins of course."

"If I win, I get a kiss," Caleb said. "If you win, you can do whatever you want to me. Just not the kinky stuff alright?"

I slapped him on the shoulder. "Shut up. If I win, I get a supply of pizza for a whole semester from you. Even when it's late at night and I'm craving for pizza, you get me pizza. Okay?"