Five

"You and I we're made of glass we'd never last." ~ Tumblr Girls by G-Eazy

Picture above is Liam. Enjoy ;)

_________________
Chapter Five

Why are boys always late?

It's been twenty minutes since Monica and I were ready for the party. It's the party where they'll 'welcome' the freshmen.

"And here I thought girls weren't the punctual ones." Monica crossed her legs.

"They'll be here," I assured her. "Liam texted me.

"Where are they anyway? It doesn't take twenty minutes to go to our floor."

"I don't know," I muttered.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes after. We grabbed our bags and made our way to the door.

"Finally!"

"Sorry, we're late," Liam apologized, scratching the back of his neck. "We bought some drinks for the party."

"It's okay," I told him.

I locked the door behind us and Monica was already ahead of us, walking towards the elevator. I felt Liam's strong arm on my waist, and whispered in my ear, "You look gorgeous tonight."

I stepped back and looked over at him. For someone who was just attending a college party, he definitely cleaned up pretty good. The way his hair was styled messily, but still looked good nonetheless. He was wearing a dark gray shirt that was tight on his body, you could practically see outlines of his define muscles. Damn those muscles. I mused. "You're not so bad yourself," I said, then sent a smirk.

He just chuckled and made our way outside the building. When we got out, we saw Monica lean against the steps.

"Are we ready to go?"

"Caleb will be out in a minute." Liam told us as he slipped his phone back in his pocket.

I frowned as I heard his name. Ever since last week on the rooftop, we never made contact. He kept his word about leaving me alone, and I'd avoid him when I saw him in the hallways. I don't know if I should be ecstatic that he's avoiding me or be devastated.

"You okay?" I felt Liam's hand running down my arm.

I nodded. "Totally fine."

He doesn't say anything anymore. We heard the door creak open, revealing a disgruntled Caleb. He walked towards us, then stopped midway.

"Let's go." He grumbled.

He walked past us and started going towards the venue of the party.

I heard Liam sigh. "He's been like this since last week. I don't get it why he's being distant."

"What do you think happened to him?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. When we'd have football practice, he doesn't seem focused, and when I try to ask him about it, he'll get all mad."