One

_________________
Chapter One

College.

Setting my bag down from the cab's trunk, I looked at my surroundings. The campus was huge that it looked like everyone was out here. People lying down on the grass, other students biking around, and some even jogging.

I paid the cab fare and walked inside campus. Graduating a few months ago seemed like ages. At least Monica, my best friend from high school attends the same university I'm in. We're roommates, but since Monica's family is taking her tomorrow, I told her I'd be the one to go first.

I start heading towards the apartment building where our rooms are supposed to be located when a guy came up to me from nowhere.

"You look lost."

I turned around and found a guy looking down at me. He seemed too old to be a freshman in here so I'm guessing he's a junior, maybe a sophomore.

I shifted my weight to the other side. "Actually, I'm looking for my room. 5C? Do you know where that is?"

He thought for a moment and snap his fingers. "Yeah! It's near where I live. I'll bring you there if you'd like?" He offered a hand. "I'm Liam, need help with this bags?"

"Ashley." I handed over one of the bags. "And thank you. I'm not really good at meeting new people."

"I take it you're a freshman?" He looked over his shoulder and I gave a nod. "That's why you seemed lost. I'm a sophomore. Taking Sports Science."

We entered a huge brick building that was inside the campus so it wasn't much of a hassle to go to school. Liam pressed on the elevator button heading towards the fifth floor as we entered.

"So what course are you taking?" He leaned against the metal wall.

"Literature. I've always loved to write. Short stories, poems, song lyrics, nearly anything. I was an editor in my school's high school paper back in high school. I even dreamed to become an author or a journalist-sorry." I said slightly embarrassed. "You probably didn't want to hear those kind of stuff. I tend to talk a lot when I talk about my favorite things."

"No worries." Liam chuckled. "I find it cute."

My cheeks flush red at his compliment. The elevator dinged signaling that we reached the fifth floor. We both exited the doors and looked for my room.

"5C...5C, found it!" I exclaimed and walked towards the door. Placing the key in the lock, I turned it and the door unlocked. Heading inside, the place was still empty with the exception of the appliances and some furniture we already left here when we first checked the place. I dropped my bags in the living room and plopped myself on the couch.

"Sweet apartment." Liam dropped my bag beside the rest of my bags. "Sharing with a roommate?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "She's arriving tomorrow so you'll see her by then."

"Well it seems like you're all set. If you need a tour around campus, I'm your guy." Liam sent me a wink. "Perhaps you could type down your phone number?" He fished out his phone and handed it to me so I could put my number.

"Real smooth Liam." I grinned and punched him lightly on his shoulder. "Here."

"Now that I have your number and I know where you live, you can find me upstairs in the sixth floor. 6H." He said. "I have a roommate too, but don't let his charm fool you. He's been with a lot of women nearly every night." He warned. "If you see him, stay clear from him."

"I'm sure I won't see him. What's his name anyway?"

"His name's Caleb. Been roommates since last year so I know what he's like. Just be careful Ashley alright? I don't want seeing you get your heart broken too."

"Ash. I'm used to being called Ash than Ashley."

Liam grinned. "Alright, see you later Ash. You know where I live." He left an then closed the door.

I shook my head, a small smile still on my lips. I brought my bags to my room and dropped on the bed. Opening the first bag I chose, which were clothes, I sorted them out. Putting my underwear in the first drawer, my shorts and old t-shirts in the second, and my dresses and pants in the closet. The next piece of clothing I got from my bag was a guy's red flannel shirt. My fingers touched the fabric, it was still soft. I put it deep inside the closet hoping it wouldn't bring back memories from before. Why I had it with me I don't know. Maybe my mom put it when I wasn't looking.

Damnit mom.

After organizing everything else in my room, and the rest of my things will be sent tomorrow I bought take out from one of the shops that were in campus. Getting ready for bed, my mind replayed the things that he opened today. Meeting Liam and all. He was cute, I'll admit. He even had the charming smile. He doesn't seem much of a player so I guess that's a plus?

Don't think about it.

I just hope that thing will go according to plan once the first semester starts. With that last thought, I closed my eyes and welcomed darkness.

___________________
end of chapter one

Hey everyone! Thought of writing this book since it's been on my mind for a while now. First chapter may suck but it's just getting started! I swear it'll get better if you stick around! :)

Well til the next update :) (still working on my sched)

Give it a vote or comment if you like it so far? That'd be cool thanks! And a follow would also be extra awesome :)

See ya! x