Thirteen

"I never thought that I could deserve you." ~ All In The Value by HONNE

Caleb looking like a cheeky bastard, but what the hell ;)

___________________

Chapter Thirteen

"Caleb?" I opened the door wide enough to see him standing there in front of me.

"Hey," he rocked on his heels back and forth. "Did I wake you?"

I stood up straighter and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Once my vision was clear, I saw him looking down at me.

It was four in the afternoon and I didn't realize I fell asleep in the living room where I was trying to read my notes. From the way I'm looking at him right now, he looked like he wasn't sure if it was okay for him to be here or not, I'm not sure.

"Not at all," I shook my head. "What's up?"

He didn't say anything at first and his gaze looked away, as if he's trying to find the right words to say. Eventually, he clapped his hands and blew on them. "I actually wanted to go check out something. Everyone else was busy, and I thought you were too of course," he rambled. "But I just wanted to make sure if you were busy or not? Are you?"

I blinked my eyes once. And then twice. I didn't know how to react to what he's trying to say, but I sure as hell know what he wants to say.

"I'm not busy," I straightened my back and opened the door wider. "Come in."

I turned around, not bothering to look back because him shift, walked inside and closed the door behind him. I grabbed two glasses from a cabinet and filled them up with water.

"What were you planning to check out?" I handed him a glass, and noticed the sheets of paper on the floor and on the table. "Sorry about the mess." I started grabbing them one by one and fixed them into a pile on the table.

"It's fine," he sipped his drink and placed it down. "Uh, it's this social experiment my teacher told us to do."

When he fell silent again, I nodded, making him continue. "Go on."

"We have to stay in a place of our choice for at least an hour, and just watch the people who come and go or even the ones who are already there. I'd do it by myself, but it'll probably look weird for a nineteen year old guy watching people." He fiddled with his fingers.

"I guess that does look weird." I tapped on my chin and sat down a good feet away from him. "So what does this have to do with me?"

"Maybe you could come with me?" His eyes drifted towards mine. "I know it's kind of sudden, but I figured that you also need this since you're taking Literature. I'll write people's behavior while we're there, and you can get to practice your writing in certain settings. It's a win-win."

"Did Liam ever tell you that I was taking Literature?" I cocked my head to the side, eyeing him.

I don't remember ever telling him about the course I took. Heck, I don't even know what course he's taking right now. My best bet is that Liam told him about my course.

"No," Caleb looked annoyed as he said that. "I've always known. You even told me about that when we were in high school. You said that you didn't want anything else, but wanting to write. I remember that you didn't care about what's going to happen to you after college, if you're going to get a stable job or not as long as you got the course you wanted."