Chapter 13

I missed Mattie all night, Winter and I had fun but it was supposed to be my night with Mattie after eight months of being apart we were supposed to be together all night. I walked up to his house and just stared at it not really wanting to go in. It was still early 10 pm I just didn't not have it in me to party all night I was exhausted from the flight so I left Winter at the club and came to Mattie's. I walked in with my key and some light flickering in the hallway and figured he was doing something so I just walked into the living room dropped on to the couch and was out like a broken light.

I felt someone shaking me and I looked up at Mattie "What happened Matthew, this has got to be serious for you to be waking me up?" I glared at him.

"Come to bed..." he smiled at me.

"Okay let me just..." I looked up and he was gone he must have gone to his room fast. I shrugged and grabbed my purse since I was wearing my shoes and all. I looked at the couch and thought about just laying back down.

"Please do not make me go back down there Sammie!" I heard him say thru a smile and knew it was a false threat but I could never be sure he had thrown me over his shoulder before.

I laughed and walked into the hallway and dropped my purse and my mouth went wide all thoughts of sleeping and exhaustion gone.

There were roses adorning the entire hallway and candles at intervals which would explain the flickering I saw. I smiled looking down the hall the whole house was lined up; I should have known Mattie had something planned but I was a jerk instead. I felt like crap but in my defense he had promised we were going to spend the whole day together before getting back to work on Monday.

I followed the flowers and candles and instead of the bedroom where I assumed it led it led into my favorite place in the house the library. A Library that he had custom made to my specific dream I had and was filled with books from top to bottom and there was a big desk in the center and the latest apple products all over it but my favorite was a corner underneath the stairs that led to the second floor. Underneath the stairs was a nook that had pillows and cameras everywhere and had no light except some twinkling lights that were just enough to read a book.

I walked in and Mattie was down on one knee with a huge smile.

"Samantha hi." He smiled.

Tears pulled in my eyes "Hi." My hands went up to my mouth as I tried to calm my breathing down.

"Samantha this is what I want forever... you happy so happy that tears want to slip out. I promise that I will spend my life making sure your happy... making sure there is a smile on your face and hop in your step. From the moment I saw you my life revolved around you and I want it like that until we are old and gray. Fighting in wars or laying here with you in our bed I want to be with you as long as you are with me it doesn't matter where we are. I love you more than life itself... Will you marry me Sammie?"

"I..." I lost my voice and was filled with so many emotions and did not know which one registered more. I sat there staring at him for a few seconds and could not say a word.

He looked shocked at me and hurt and ready to stand so I jumped towards him and placed my hands on his shoulders "Of course I do, don't be an idiot! You are my family and the love of my life!" I kissed him hard sitting on the leg he had sticking out. "There is not much in this world that I want more than to be your wife!" I kissed his nose hard and smiled at him.

He opened the box in his hand and my breath caught. Inside was a gold ring with a huge diamond in the middle and winding golden leaves around the base to each side it had five middle sized diamonds. I smiled and he slipped the ring into my finger. He smiled wide at me and he kissed my finger and pulled me by the neck and kissed my cheeks then my lips.

"I love you Sammie more than life..."

"and I love you my almost husband." I smiled showing him my ring with a huge smile.