Chapter 5

"We will be doing the gas chambers!"

As we stood in line everyone taking their turn my hands were shaking and I could feel my breath getting shallow. I was pretty sure I was close to a panic attack because I heard this was probably the most painful part because your lungs would feel like they were on fire. Damn it all to hell they did this is on purpose they knew we would all be hung over because of the partying last night.

"A word Officer Williams..." Roberts was standing behind everyone looking very serious towards the chamber room.

I walked to the back where he was standing and felt winter elbow me as I passed by and I fought the urge to turn around and smack her. When I walked up to him I had to look up at him. "Sir yes sir"

"I will admit that the kiss was very inappropriate and...' he looked me straight in the eyes "but I do not re..."

"Officer Williams... up next..." one of the other Sergeant's helping out screamed out. Then looked around and zeroed in on me and motioned me over "Let's go Williams..."

I turned back to Roberts "Sir Excuse Me Sir" I ran to the door where the other Sergeants were standing there.

They smiled down at me and I looked up at them I felt Roberts tense behind me as he had followed me up. "Alright Williams here's the deal... you are taking a deep breath as soon as you walk in there and I mean a deep breath Williams or you are doing it twice. Ready Williams?"

I just nodded my head and walked up to the door and took a deep breath and walked into the house where there was another officer standing there in a suit. "Deep breath in Williams!" he was watching me carefully.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath breathed it all in and I felt everything start to burn and my hands started shaking uncontrollably.

"I am going to ask you some questions now Williams let me know when you're ready..."

"sir I am Ready sir?" I felt like I was on fire from in the inside.

"Recite your first middle and last name..."

"Samantha Isabelle Williams sir."

"Date of Birth?"

"..." uuhhhhh I felt like my lungs could not handle this anymore.

"Date of Birth?"

"August 15th of 1994." I felt like my lungs were shriveling up.

"Parents name Williams."

"Unknown sir..."

"Repeat that Williams..."

"Unknown sir I grew up in foster care."

"...alright... gear up Williams."

I geared up and then they checked me over and over and then they led me to the exit door. "Your good to go Williams." They pushed me out the door like they did to everyone else.

I landed outside and somehow the pain got worse and I immediately took off all the gear I was sitting on the floor with my head between my legs having a coughing fit. The sergeants were throwing water in my eyes and another one telling me to just breath. Winter was on the floor next to me and as we started relaxing we stood and looked up and everyone was looking at me weird. We were standing there awkwardly as everyone stared except Ashley and Courtney.

"Orphan..." someone coughed in the back and Winter ran up and grabbed him in a choke hold.

I dusted myself of and went and stood in formation looking straight ahead as one of the sergeants took Winter off of the soldier who was almost knocked out. She was breathing hard behind me barely containing herself.

"You all did good tomorrow we will let you know who got first place and gets to sit out of the next few things. Everyone double time back to the barracks and get cleaned up go back, Williams fall back." Roberts stood to the side as everyone ran off and I just stood there.