Chapter 2

Samantha stood up and watched and she followed everyone out running out of the bus there were Drill Sergeants screaming everywhere. She ran out of the bus and ran to where there were feet outlined on the floor as they were instructed thru screams. She could feel her heart beating everywhere in her body but she was lucky because years ago she had learned to be strong and stay calm. "Welcome to Boot Camp Maggots!" the drill sergeant stared each one down in turn "this is about to be the hardest month and a half of your life!"

I stood last in the line and as he walked down, my heart started beating faster and faster maybe I should not have not done this I should have just stayed home and been at a hospital operating not here. I had a good job in an amazing hospital and most people loved me there and took care of me like I was there family because I was so much younger than them.

He stood in front of me and I could not help to admit it but he was gorgeous. He had brown hair and the greenest eyes I had ever seen he had white skin. I could feel butterflies and I was glad it was dark because I could not help but to blush.

"I heard you're an officer." He came and stood in front of me with a smirk on his face as he sized me up. I could tell he was attracted because his eyes lingered on my face and breast and it made me want to smack him and kiss him all at once.

"Sir yes sir!" I stood straight looking straight ahead. I could feel him staring into my eyes and it made it hard for me to breath. I wanted to look into his eyes but I knew that I had to stare straight or he would scream at me even harder.

"Then why are you going thru my boot camp!" he smirked again and I wanted to smack it off of his face. I was smart and I was a good person who made it far and I deserved to be here as much as anyone and I had proven that with my life.

"I am a general surgeon with focus on trauma sir going thru boot camp to help out as a medic over there!"

"Good man!" he looked at me for a beet longer and then "Well women I suppose..." he snickered under his breath and I took a deep breath trying to calm myself as he walked away.

He stood in front of all of us and stared us down each in turn and I could not help but notice it lingered on me but I am sure it was just in my head.

We were walking to the barracks and I felt exhausted when Winter Reynolds my battle buddy and bunk mate walked up to me with a huge smile.

"Hey officer!" she jumped on my back laughing.

"Don't touch me maggot!" I laughed back at her as we walked into the room. The girls staying across from us and walked into our room smiling. "Hey guy my name is Courtney Knox and this is Ashley Medina we are staying across from yall."

We talked for a while but then turned in because we were all exhausted after a long night and the days coming up would be even longer so we had to sleep and get ready for it.