Chapter 9

Roberts walked in thru one building out thru the garden and into another building into another garden and stopped when he reached the farthest garden and spun on his heels and stopped staring into my eyes.

"Who is that! Who was that guy who hugged you!" he grabbed my shoulders staring into my eyes. His eyes looked panicked and he looked like he was terrified of what my answer would be.

I looked at him confused and then anger coursed thru me who did he think he was. "Excuse me?" I felt like wringing his neck. This man was so infuriating to my soul.

"I am sure you heard my question and I know you are smart for your age." He nodded calmly but I could see the rage and behind that the insecurity in his eyes.

"Who are you to ask me this question?" I looked at him puzzled he had been the one to say that this was impossible and so on and so on so what was the point of this.

"I am me Samantha!" he said looking frustrated.

"You know what Matthew... no you are crazy and my superior so bye!"

I turned to walk away when he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me back hard. He placed his other hand on the back of my neck and slammed his lips into mine with as much force as he could. He slammed my back into a tree that was nearby but was careful to keep his arms around me so that I wouldn't get hurt. I could imagine that his arms were scrapping against the trees but he was trying to take care of me above all else.

"You drive me crazy... no! I am crazy about you! You do not understand what you do to me... please tell me who he is and I will leave you alone if you are with him but... if you still think about me the way I think about you constantly than we can figure this out..." he kissed the tip of my nose and my forehead.

I wanted to smile but I had been thru hell the last few weeks thinking that he hated me so I wanted to make him suffer some. I pushed from him and took two steps towards the door and smiled to myself. "They are my family... we grew up in the orphanage together." I did a little turn from side to side.

"Oh..." I could hear the smile on his lips.

"Sir yes sir!" I saluted him with my back to him.

I smiled taking another step and he pulled me back and pulled me really tight into him, he was squeezing the breath out of me and I didn't and could not stop smiling. I felt like my smile could split my face in half it was so wide.

As he held me in a hug he smiled he whispered into my ear "So if I were to say officer Williams will you go out with me?"

"I would have to say... Sir no sir."

"Alright." He kissed my shoulder "What if I said Sammie... Samantha will you go to dinner with me?"

"I would say... yes Mattie..." I smiled wide at him as he pulled me into another tight hug. He swung me into a really tight hug "So when can we go to dinner because I have been waiting since you walked into boot camp that first day with your juicy lips and sexy eyes."

I smiled into his eyes "You tell me..."

"Tonight?" he smiled wide at me with hope in his eyes.

I hesitated and as his eyes went wide I smiled and kissed his cheeks "only if you don't mind going with them because they came a long way to see me and I cannot turn away from them ...they are my family."

He smiled at me "Well then I guess your family... my family." He kissed my forehead with a huge smile.

"Well good then so we should..." I pointed towards the door we had come back from.

He smiled and took my hand kissing my palm softly "Lets go..." he held my hand until we reached the door and then he kissed it again and let go.

When we walked out we were an appropriate distance and we walked up to my friends "Guys this is Sergeant Roberts one of my superiors..." I smiled up at him.

"Sarg these are my friends Ashton, Maria and her husband Nicholas but you can call him Nick."

Ashton smiled noticing our smiles "if you hurt her..." he whispered "I will kick your ass... well... actually I will pay someone to kick your ass I probably can't." Ashton laughed out oud and we all joined him.

"Of Course." Matty smiled knowing he could take on whoever came at him.