Part Ten: Aly

As you may know my baby's father is Axel. We dated in sophomore year and then we broke it off for a multitude of reasons, and then one night at a party I was trying to get my mind off some stuff and I got drunk and then Axel was there and damn he looked good. So we started messing around and I didn't want to go all the way but he was too drunk to hear my refusals so he kept going and finally I stopped trying to refuse and that's my account of what happened take it or leave it either way I am where I am. Anyways tonight's Friday and I just got back from taking my one of my best friends Bria home because she got dumped and was too upset to drive and I just, there's nothing more painful that watching someone you care for in pain. After I went and took a shower my mom came into the room and said "Hey honey can we talk for a second?". I said "Of course Mom what is it, you look worried." I'm going to add here that it's just been me and my mom ever since I was about three. My dad walked out on us about six weeks after my third birthday I don't have any memories with him and frankly I don't want any what kind of person leaves a three year old and walks out on a marriage so they got oficially divorced when I was four and a half and now I think he lives in Seattle he's a surgeon and I think he's married to a woman named Rebecca. I don't want to know if I have half brothers or sisters because I don't care they're not my family. Anyway she looked at me and said "Honey I won't get mad but I need you to answer honestly, the getting sick the emotions all the food" she looked away and her eyes filled with tears "Alyson are you pregnant?". I was shocked how had she known? I just nodded my head and then she said "Oh Aly, congratulations I'm proud no matter what your desicion but, I think you should keep the baby." I nodded and said "I think that's what I'm leaning towards." then my phone beeped it was a text from Axel. It said 'Hey we need to meet will you meet me tomorrow morning at Earl Greys'. I sent back 'Yes, there's some stuff I want to tell you'. That night my mom and I fell asleep on the couch watching The Help. The next morning I woke up put on my favorite dress and trench coat because it was fall and cooling off I put on some boots and makeup and then I got in my car and I went to Earl Greys a cute little cafe downtown. When I got there Axel was waiting and I waved when I got inside I ordered a hot chocolate and sat down with him took off my bag and put it over my chair then I looked at him and said "Hey" he smiled and said "I missed hearing you say that" I smiled and remembered why I loved him so long ago. Let me describe Axel to you he's athletically built and has ice blue eyes and medium brown hair and he has a wide white smile and plump lips. He looked at me straight on and asked "Aly are you pregnant?" I looked down into my hot chocolate and nodded his head fell into his hands and he looked ashamed and then he asked "Am I the father?". I looked him in the eyes and nodded again his head fell into his hands and he looked ashamed I pulled his face back up to look at me and I said "Hey this is both of our mistake, it's gonna be okay" I smiled what I hoped was encouragingly it must've been because he smiled back looking a little more sure of himself and then he said "I will be there in anyway for you and this baby that I possibly can" he picked up my hands and held them we just looked at each other for a minute and then his phone buzzed he said "I have to go but I will make good on what I said I promise." I smiled and said "I know you will and Axel I'm four months along and I have a gender uktrasound scheduled within the next month in case you're interested." he smiled and said "I'll be there" and then he left. I smiled to myself and then it hit me I'm going to have a baby and I rubbed my belly and thought to him or her that I love them more than anything and that I was proud of them even when I didn't know anything about them and that I was sure that they would turn out great and I was so excited and proud to be their mother. It's funny pregnancy changes you it makes you softer and warmer I thought as I finished my hot chocolate and then I got in my car and I drove away knowing that I had done the right thing for us by telling Axel that there was an us now.