9. My mom is a bitch...

En başından başla

"Nothing?" I ask, hoping to get away with no information whatsoever. I knew that wasn't going to happen, but might as well try.

"Sky?" Tony insist telling me it wasn't enough information. Damn it.

"Well...I...I was trying to find out who my mom is." I whisper looking down at my hands. Tony sighs heavily. I look up at him and he's rubbing his face with his hands. I can't tell if he's mad or sad or what emotion he's feeling.

"So you looked in my closet?" Tony asks looking at me and quirking an eyebrow in amusement.

"That's where I hide all my stuff." I say not even noticing my slip up. Not that I had much to hide, just a couple new designs for my suit.

"What stuff are you hiding Sky?" Tony asks raising an eyebrow amused. I can tell what he's doing though, he's trying to forget the "mom conversation". Why is everyone ignoring the "mom conversation" this is something I should be allowed to know. Why didn't they want to tell me?

"Do you know who my mom is, Dad?" I ask ignoring his question. He sighs loudly again.

"You do, don't you?" I conclude standing. He nods in response.

"Why won't you tell me?" I ask on the verge of yelling. I can't tell what's going through his head or what emotion he's feeling. He looks sad and maybe even angry, but not at me at something else.

"Sky, I just can't." He says looking down at the ground that didn't have a speck of dust. Do we even have maids? I've never seen one - okay, not the point right now.

"You can't, or you won't? I'll figure it out for myself!" I yell running back to my room with tears in my eyes that I won't let drop.

I'm going to find my mom whether he likes it or not.

***

Tony's P.O.V.

Sky can never know who her mom is, she'll be so disappointed and she's been disappointed enough in her life. I walk back over to Pepper who's laying on the couch. She seems very much awake probably because of all of Skylar's yelling.

"What happened?" Pepper asks concern lacing her voice. That was one thing I loved about Pepper, she was so caring. She cared for Sky even though Sky was rude to her most the time. And she cared for me, the idiot.

"Nothing, just a little fight." I responded. I didn't want to hurt Pepper. I wasn't sure if Pepper wanted to be Sky's mom or not.

"Didn't seem like anything little to her." Pepper responded truthfully. I laid down on the couch, setting my head on Pepper's stomach.

"It was about her mom, wasn't it?" Pepper asked looking down at me and combing her hands through my hair.

"Yeah. I just- I can't let her be disappointed. She's going to be disappointed. Why would she even want to know the woman that abandoned her?" I say more to myself than Pepper.

"Maybe she wants answers. To find out why her mother abandoned her." Pepper suggested. I sighed knowing that was probably it.

--

-Morning Time-

I wake up on the couch. Pepper's not here, probably at work. I open the fridge and grab some blueberries to snack on for breakfast even though it's already 1:00 p.m.

Shouldn't Sky be up by now? I walk upstairs and enter her dark room. She's still sleeping - but she's not moving.

"Sky, wake up." I tell her. I grab the blankets and throw them off of her but it's not her - it's pillows.