chapter two: recklessness

Start from the beginning

cameronking: fettuccine alfredo for one
❤️ 10,211 likes
💬 428 comments

daisyhandman: save some for moi 😍

cameronking: @daisyhandman yes of course

louisbaker: looks delicious dude! 👌🏻

isaacdarton: miss you bro. talk soon?

_____

~ the next day ~

Waking up in an empty bed and hungover from drinking my sorrows to sleep felt like I was living a dream at the moment.  I yawned and stretched, patting the space next to me with a sigh. I checked my phone, seeing the time read as 11:34AM. I laid in bed, watching the city get busier as minutes went by, from my large window.

I had a reminder pop up set for 11:45.

Meeting with Miss Marcellano, 12PM.

Lindy.

I immediately shot up from my spot. "Shit." I muttered. I was running late, so I quickly jumped in the shower and picked out a white shirt and some comfortable work pants. I didn't wear a tie today, I thought I'd leave two shirt buttons undone and I'll roll my sleeves. I always have a spare blazer in my office so I decided to go blazerless for the time being. Leaving my hair to dry, I didn't style it in any way so it was wet and messy. And lastly, I went with my usual shoes.

I brewed some coffee and took some paracetamol to ease my hangover, and made my way to work. The time was 12:03PM and realising I was late for my meeting, I sped up my driving to 55mph. Which was fast, considering this was a 30mph road.

And all of a sudden, pain was the only thing I could feel.

LINDY'S POV

It had been about five days after my lovely birthday getaway with Nate. It's Friday morning now, and Nate has no work today, so he's going to take Logan to school this morning. Which has taken a lot of weight off my shoulders as I'm running late to work.

But then again, I'm always late. It's nothing new.

It's showing up to work that actually counts, right?

I picked a brown silk sleeved blouse to wear along with beige wide legged pants and thick white heels. I applied my usual makeup - lightly filled in brows, some simple eyeshadow and highlighter. I had eyelash extensions done quite often so it accompanied the look. I curled my hair and then brushed it out to create waves.

Going downstairs, I saw Logan eating some chocolate chip mini wheats and milk with strawberries in a separate bowl and juice. I kissed his cheek as I passed him and he smiled. Nate gave me a fruit salad in a tub and a hot drink in my travel mug, "Thank you, love. I'll see you'se later," I'd said before I kissed him as I grabbed them and left.

I drove down to Vogue HQ and went up to my office. Maria was next to my office, in the printer room. I greeted her before going to my office and doing my own thing. I emailed some people back and approved and disapproved some work I'd been sent.

Maria popped in. "Here's some paperwork that the big guy wanted you to look through. And, reminding you that your meeting is at 12. With Cameron... which sounds fun," she said, sliding out of the room with each word as she said the last sentence.