Chapter 24

Wishes Do Come True

Chapter 24 ~

'Come on Gabby, sing, don't be afraid,' Drew pleaded silently as he watched Gabby go on stage and froze once he saw who she was looking at.

Tom.

He didn't know that the Tom dude was going to be one of the judges. He was probably the special guest and apparently Gabby didn't know.

~•~

Sam and Harry were on their way to visit someone as they talked about their own plans.

"What should we tell her?" Sam asked Harry puzzled.

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of everything. You won't need to talk." Harry assured Sam as they approached the door and knocked.

Suddenly they saw a guy with glasses open up the door, "Hey, how may I help you two kids today?"

Harry and Sam both looked at each other with a confused look. Harry quickly started to think of what to do.

"Um, is Mrs. DeHaven home?" Harry asked.

"Oh no, sorry about that, the Dehavens' went to watch their daughter perform," the tall man said.

"Well, that's good news. Could we come in? I'm Harry and this is my twin, Sam. We're Tom's brothers," Harry said, introducing himself.

"It's very nice to meet you two! I finally get to meet the Holland twins. I just have to meet the rest of the family now. Anyways, you two look nothing alike. Shouldn't twins look alike? Haha, I'm Danny by the way, Gabby's friend," the well mannered man said.

"We get that a lot around here. But we are twins. It's nice to meet you too," Sam finally decided to speak up.

"Hey Danny! Who's at the door!? Don't tell me you invited one of your admirers over because this isn't your house. I'm going t-" the Holland twins suddenly saw a girl with long black hair. She looked a bit taller than Gabby.

"Are you guys the Holland twins?!" the girl asked.

"Yeah, that's us." Harry said confused.

"C'mon In. We're doing a little surprise for Gabby, hopefully you guys would like to help out because this is going to take a lot of work. What brings you guys around here?"

"We were going to ask Mrs. DeHaven if we could do a little surprise for Gabby, but it looks like you guys beat us to it," Harry replied as they walked into the living room.

"What a coincidence, at least you twins will help us, correct?" The girl said.

"Of course we will. What is it that we're doing?" Sam replied with excitement.

"I'll tell you while we get to work, my name's Jocelin by the way," the girl politely replied.

"I'm Sam and this is my twin Harry," Sam said as he pointed over to his brother.

"Alright then, let's get started." Danny and Jocelin said in chorus.

~•~

Everyone was waiting for Gabby to perform, but she stood there, scared and nervous. She felt that everyone was judging her already, she hated thinking that way. But she knew that, that didn't matter right now. Its now or never.

Gabby soon broke eye contact with Tom and the audience as she walked over to the piano that was in the middle of the stage. Why didn't he tell her before? If he did tell her, she would've been better prepared.

Gabby slowly sat down, looked out into the audience, and saw the one person she didn't want to see at the moment. The person who she was going to dedicate the song to. She soon started to play the piano.

I have known you my whole life
When you were ten, you said you'd make me your wife
Eight years later you won me over
Just as I took the world on my shoulders

I got used to living without you
Endless phone calls and dreaming about you
Always said that you were my man to be 
But I guess I was in love with your memory

Tom slowly looked over to see the crowd of people and noticed that Drew was in the audience. He knew that this song was not about him but about that Drew guy. Tom knew at that moment, that he had the chance and he was not going to let it go.

You know I love you, I really do
But I can't fight anymore for you
And I don't know, maybe we'll be together again
Sometime, in another life
In another life

I know I said that I would keep my word
I wished that I could save you from the hurt
But things will never go back to how we were
I'm sorry I can't be your world

Drew didn't know what to do. He couldn't move, he knew that this song was dedicated to him, and that he lost the opportunity to be with her. But what about that kiss earlier? She must have changed her mind. At least, that's what he thought.

You know I love you, I really do
But I can't fight anymore for you
And I don't know, maybe we'll be together again
Sometime, in another life
In another life (another life)

The way you're holding on to me
Makes me feel like I can't breathe
Just let me go, just let me go
It just won't feel right inside
God knows I've tried

You know I love you, you know I do
But I can't fight anymore for you
And I don't know, maybe we'll be together again
Sometime, in another life

In another life, in another life

In another life ...

Once Gabby finished, the audience clapped and cheered. She noticed that the judges were satisfied, especially Tom. He was smiling and Gabby decided to smile back. Afterwards, she looked into the audience to give her parents and friends a thumbs up. But she noticed that someone was missing.

She knew that he was here earlier.

Did Drew really just leave, without waiting?

The Veronicas - In Another Life

------------------------------

Heeey Guys! Im So Sorry About Not Updating In About 8 Months. Im Sorry. Its Juus That School Is A Pain In The Arse. If You Know What I Mean. So Stressful. Also, Since Im In Thanksgiving Break I Decided To Update & Its Like 3 In The Morning So Yeah xD I Still Wanna Thank Every Single One Of You Guys For Supporting All My Accounts. Especially I Appreciate That All Of You Guys Take The Time To Read My Fanfics. Thank You So Much. Love You All.

~ GabiHolland °