Chapter 17

Chapter 17 ~

"Um, Laura," Drew began to say as he walked over to Gabby's mum as he kept his eyes on Gabby and whoever that kid was, "Who's that dude?"

"Ah yes," Gabby's mum said as looked over to the crazy children still playing, "Hey Gabby, have you introduced Tom to Drew?"

That's when Gabby walked over to Drew with Tom following right behind her leaving the rest of the kids still playing. While Gabby walked over she decided to seem very nice because she didn't want to get grounded by her parents. They always got her grounded if she was being mean to a guest when someone else was present. Before introducing Tom, she gave a little smile and said, "Drewster, meet my friend Tom. Tom, meet my bestfriend Drew."

"Very nice to meet you Drew," Tom said as Drew and him shook hands, "I've heard a lot about you."

Drew was surprised at what Tom just said, what did he mean by that ? Looks like Gabby and Tom are closer friends that he thought. Did she tell him bad or good things ? Why is she being nice to me now, if a couple minutes ago she was being mean to me ? Whatever, But Drew needs to know who this guy is before Gabby and Tom become more than just friends. Drew just wanted Tom to leave so Gabby and him could speak privately. lly needs to talk to her and get all this mess straightened out.

"Oh really ? I guess she did miss me all along," Drew said as he walked over to Gabby to get a big bear hug.

To Drew's surprise, she didn't accept the hug. She stopped Drew by putting her hand on his chest before getting any closer, "Drew, first go put your things away. Then we'll talk."

'I guess she's still mad at me for whatever the reason is,' Drew thought as he got his suitcase along with the rest of the crew and headed to the room next to Gabby's.

They noticed which room to go into because on a room's door it said 'Guest Room' and next to it the door said 'Gabby's Room.' When they got in the room it looked so empty and abandoned. There were only two beds and that's when Stephanie decided to speak, "I guess the girls are going to sleep in Gabby's room."

"Good, because I didn't want to sleep with you guys anyways," Jasmin said as she took her suitcase to Gabby's room along with Stephanie.

This left Drew and Cade alone in the room as they unpacked everything they had. They decided to shove everything in the closet and fix it all later.

"Hey, um, Drew ?" Cade said as he stopped unpacking and looked over to where Drew was shoving everything in the closet.

"I think I'm the only one in this room Cade, so there's no need to say my name," Drew said with a giggle.

He stopped with whatever he was doing and stood there putting all his attention to Cade.

"You really like Gabby don't you ?" this surprised Drew because he didn't know in which way he meant it.

"Of coarse I do, we're bestfriends."

"No, not that way. You clearly know what I meant. You love her."

Drew didn't know what to say. The only person that knows at the moment is Jasmin. Well, Stephanie now knows since Jasmin couldn't keep her mouth shut. Should he tell the truth or lie to one of his best mates ?

"I don't. What makes you think that ?" Drew lied.

"Don't lie to me, I've seen how you look at her and I don't like it," Cade said raising his voice. 

What's wrong with him ? He never raises his voice unless someone's taking his food when he's really hungry or is really pissed off.

"Why would you care if I like her or not ?" Drew blurted out.