Chapter 8 - Bleeding

4 Months Pregnant

I woke up to the feeling of a sharp pain in my belly, I looked next to me to see Daring sleeping soundly. I slowly got out of bed to see blood on the clean white sheets.

I immediately got scared.

I grabbed a gown and crept out of the room, I heard someone in the kitchen and went down to see who it was.

I walked into the kitchen to see Mr. Charming, he was making a coffee "Mr. Charming" I said softly "ahh good morning cerise" he said with his back turned to me.

"I think I need to go to the h..." I started panting because I think I was on the verge of a panic attack "Cerise....oh god you are....bleeding" he said looking at my pajama shorts.

"Shit," he said as he ran to my aid, I was leaning against him for support because I was getting weaker and weaker.

"Daring" he shouted out loudly "Daring get up I need your help" he shouted as I was fading in and out of consciousness.

"Dad what th...oh fuck Cerise," Daring said running towards me, I looked at him and slowly let the darkness take me over.

I woke up in a bright room, that was it I was dead, I sat up and realized that I was in a hospital bed, there were bunches of flowers, balloons, and cards.

I looked down to see my stomach still there and I could feel kicking in my stomach, I was washed with a feeling of relief that the twins were ok.

"I just want to know if she is going to be ok" I heard Daring shout, the door suddenly swung open "I need her t....baby your awake" Daring said suddenly rushing to my side.

"Are they ok?" I asked looking at my stomach that looked not as big as it once did "ms Hood" a doctor asked.

"May I have a word alone?" he asked Daring, he looked at him then walked out of the room "Ms. Hood I'm very sorry to tell you that one of them didn't make it... it's very common with twins they call it vanishing twin Syndrome" he said.

It felt like I was dying, I had never had pain like this before and honestly I didn't know how to cope "we will have to monitor him to make sure he doesn't do any damage to the Girl" he said writing on a clipboard.

The tears were running down my cheeks and all I wanted was Daring, right on cue Daring came in, he didn't say anything he just hugged me tightly and soothing me.

The doctor left without so much as a word "baby I'm sorry" I said into his chest "no-no shhhh, this isn't your fault ok" he said as I continued crying.

I felt safe from everything when I was with him, it was like he was my protector against everything bad in the world.