Chapter Twenty Three

Jasmine

I grabbed my things and ran out of my English class

I grabbed my things and ran out of my English class. All I heard was my teacher questioning where I was going, but I didn't care.

Once I arrived to the hospital I saw my mom and Elijah.

"What's wrong with dad?"

I asked as I wiped the tears that kept rolling down my face.

"Jas your dad has been sick lately." My mom said.

"Sick how?"

"Sick as in cancer." She said.

My heart dropped. Cancer. I just started crying, it got to the point that I started screaming.

Elijah came over and pulled me into a hug as I cried into his chest.

"Your dad is gonna be okay Jas, he's a fighter." He said as he rubbed my back.

"When can we see him?"

"When they get his stable Jas." My mom said.

***

"Hey daddy."

I said as I walked into his room.

"Hey baby girl." He smiled.

"Why didn't you tell me dad?"

"I didn't want to worry you, you got a lot of stuff going on already. He said.

"But still daddy, I'm fine. I'm almost done with high school, I just wish you would of told me."I said as I hugged him."What kind of cancer?"

"Lung cancer." He said.

"So what now?"

"Well Ima gonna have surgery and then go through chemotherapy as well." He explained.

*****
The days until graduation where coming fast. My dad is doing well for the most part. He's a fighter. I've received all of my awards and cords that's I've earned, and I have a bunch of letters from the sports I've played as well.

"Girl we have 3 weeks left!" Brittany yelled.

"Bitch I know!!" I yelled in excitement.

"So what's going on with you and Elijah?" She asked

"We working on it." I laughed as I grabbed some notebooks out of my locker.

Mike and Brittany are still going very strong! It's crazy to think they have been dating for that long, but they are very cute and I'm happy for my bestfriend.

*******

ITS FRIDAY.

Im off this weekend, so be on the lookout for some updates!

I turn 19 on the 22nd! 🤗

I'll try updated after I get off so at like midnight. 😭