Chapter Twenty Five

Jasmine

"Dying."

How could he be dying? He said that he was doing fine.

"Wait mama, he said that he was doing fine." I said as tears rolled down my face.

"Baby he's not." She said as she hugged me.

"Why would he lie mama? How long does he have to live ?"

" I don't know for sure. He has a appointment tomorrow." She said.

I needed to clear my head completely. I grabbed my phone and keys then headed towards the door. I opened the door and there stood Elijah.

I started crying and he just pulled me into a big hug. I had broke down completely. My father was doing just fine and now he's dying.

"What's wrong Jas?" He asked.

"My fathers dying." I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry Jas." He said as he rubbed my back.

I didn't know what to do. I was lost for words.

"Everything will be okay Jas." He said.

"Honey god has a plan for everything." My mom said

"Why is this his plan? Why mama?" I cried.

"Baby I don't know. I really don't."she said.

I was upset, but also angry. As to why god was doing this to me. I know me and dad didn't have the BEST relationship, but why me?

***********
Later on that night my dad passed away. Before the event occurred, I literally didn't leave his side, not knowing when he would take his last breath. I stepped away to use the bathroom and when I came back my mom was crying over him, he didn't even get to see my graduate. I didn't know how to feel, I always try to be the strong one in my family, and of course sometimes I fail.

"Mama. Did you call 911?"

"Yes baby." She said.

*******
"The funeral will be next Wednesday."

"God I'm so sorry Jas." Brittany said as she pulled me into a hug.

"It's just so hard on my mom. Now all we have is each other."

"I know it has to be hard." Mike said.

"Yeah. But I'm doing all this for my mom and dad. Graduating, going to college, all of it."

————

Finally a update. 😭💓

Into You (Elijah Johnson Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें