It's All In The Family

Luke's POV.

Luke landed on Dagobah and got out of his X-wing. "Stay with the ship R2. See what you can do about that motivator." He instructed. The droid beeped. Luke walked to he familiar hovel and began to knock, but before he could the door opened. He wasn't surprised that Yoda knew he was back.

He looked down to his master and saw that he was old and weak. Concern washed over Luke. He tried to shake it off. "Back, I see you are. Happy to see you, I am." He spoke weakly. Luke let a smile form on his lips. "Yes, Master Yoda. I'm back, just like I promised." He said. "Hmm. Yes. Come in. Eat you should." He instructed Luke. Luke nodded.

He watched as his master who once looked as if he could take on the Emperor himself, now appeared to be feeble and weak. "That face you make. Look I do old to young eyes?" Yoda asked. Luke snapped out of his thoughts, shook his head and smiled, trying to hide the truth.
"No...of course not." Yoda laughed. "I do! Yes I do. Sick have I become. Old, weak." He said sadly.

Luke looked at him in sympathy and sorrow. Yoda point a finger at Luke. "When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmm?" His master laughed. Luke breathed a forced laugh. As much as he tried he couldn't hide his worry.

"Soon I will rest. Yes. Forever sleep. Earned it I have." Yoda said walking towards his bed. Luke looked at him in alarm. "Master Yoda you can't die." "Strong am I with the force, but not that strong. Twilight is upon me and soon night must fall. That is the way of things. The way of the Force." His master explained calmly.

Luke helped him into his bed and covered him with his blanket. "But I need your help. I've come back to complete my training." Luke said. "No more training do you require. Already know, that which you need." Yoda said calmly. "Then I am a Jedi." Luke said. Yoda laughed. Luke looked back to his master in confusion. "Not yet. One thing remains." Luke knew what remained. "Vader. You must confront Vader. Then and only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will." Yoda said, closing his eyes.

Luke looked down in sadness and in agony. "Master Yoda...is Darth Vader my father?" He asked carefully. Yoda opened his eyes and turned away from Luke. "A rest I need. Yes...rest." Luke watched his master for a moment, though to him it felt like an eternity. "Yoda, I must know." He told his master. He heard Yoda sigh. There was a moment of haunting silence. Luke prayed it had all been a lie.

"Your father he is. Luke felt agony spread throughout his being. He felt as if someone had stabbed him with a knife. He felt weak. To be the son of such a terrible man, when all his growing up he had thought so much of his father. He had been lied to his whole life by everyone who he had been close to. "Told you did he?" Yoda asked. Luke nodded and closed his eyes. "Yes." He breathed in despair.

"Unexpected this is. And unfortunate." Yoda sighed. Luke looked at his master anger and disbelief. "Unfortunate that I know the truth?" He snapped. Yoda turned to his student and studied him. "No. Unfortunate that you rushed to face him...that incomplete was your training. That not ready for the burden were you." Luke shook his head in shame. He shouldn't have snapped at his master, nor should he have ever left. "I'm sorry."

"Remember a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny." Yoda told Luke. He motioned Luke closer. Luke leaned down and listened closely to his masters last words and instruction. He knew he would need it. "Luke...Luke...Do not...Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will." He told him. Luke felt a chill run down his spine at those words.