Victory!

The squadron had been battling and attacking the Death Star for a while now. Raina flew down skimming the Death Stars surface. She went down and attacked a tower. She hit it successfully. "Can you see Red Five?" Red leader asked over the speaker. Suddenly Raina became worried. Where was Luke? "There's a heavy fire zone on this side. Red Five, where are you?" Raina listened closely no answer. "Skywalker?" She asked worriedly.

"I can't shake him!" She heard Luke exclaim. Panic began to fill her. She looked around to try and find him. She saw an x-wing began closely trailed by a tie fighter. "I'm on my way!" She said.

She flew towards the tie fighter. She was almost close enough to fire. Suddenly another x-wing came in closer. "I'm on him, Luke!" The pilot, Wedge told him. "Hold on!" The tie fighter was gaining on Luke. Raina flew next to wedges x-wing. "I'll corner him." She said. The two got on either side of the fighter. They flew at the fighter and blasted it. The tie-fighter exploded. Luke's fighter flew off safe in the distance. "Thanks, Wedge. Thanks, Raina." Luke said.

The gold squadron went to attack the Death Star and complete the mission. They failed. Then three from the red squadron went in, while Luke, Raina, Biggs and Wedge covered them from above. They also failed.

With a terrible scream Red leader crashed down below. Raina realized who was next. Skywalker. "Biggs, Wedge, Raina, let's close it up. We're going in. We're going in full throttle." He ordered. "I copy." She answered. "Right with you, boss." Wedge said.

They went down into the Death Stars shaft and followed Luke. "Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?" Biggs, Luke's friend asked. "It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home." Luke said casually. Raina tried to let her worries fade. She breathed deeply. "We'll stay back far enough to cover you." Biggs said. "Be careful." Raina warned. "Don't worry." Luke told her.

"My scope shows the tower, but I can't see the exhaust port! Are you sure the computer can hit it?" Wedge asked. Raina watched for any incoming fighters. The tower began to fire at the x-wings. She watched Luke's x-wing. 'Be careful.' She thought. "Watch yourself! Increase speed full throttle!" Luke shouted over the speaker. "What about the tower?" Wedge asked. "You worry about those fighters! I'll worry about the tower!" Luke said.

The towers firing had increased. Raina out her concentration on the bolts being fired. Just then she saw a laser hit Luke's ship. She gasped. He was okay, though. The blast had just knocked off something. She sighed in relief. The relief heft quickly when she saw three fighters coming at them. "Fighters, coming in!" Raina exclaimed.

Next to her she saw Wedges x-wing get hit. "I'm hit! I can't stay with you." He said. "Get clear, Wedge." Luke ordered. "You can't do any more good back there!" He added. "Sorry!" Wedge said. Wedges x-wing pulled out. Only three of them were left.

"Hurry, Luke, they're coming in much faster this time. We can't hold them!" Biggs told him. "Hurry Skywalker!" Raina told him. The fighters we coming closer. Raina realized that the fighter was aiming for Luke. "Luke watch out!" She exclaimed. "Wait!" Biggs exclaimed. His x-wing moved in front of Luke's. The tie-fighter fired and Biggs's x-wing exploded.

Raina looked down. Poor Luke. Biggs was his good friend. Biggs had just save Luke's life. Luke said nothing. He was obviously grieving and now very nervous. "I'm right here with you Luke. You can do it." She said with confidence.

They were getting closer to the target. Raina watched the fighters behind her. They were gaining. She wasn't going to tell Luke to hurry. He needed to be calm. Suddenly a man came on the radio. "Luke, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?" Raina looked worriedly at the x-wing in front of her. What was he doing? "Nothing. I'm all right." He answered. "I hope you know what your doing, Skywalker." Raina warned. "Me too." He answered, slightly unconfident.

The sides of the shaft flew past them. Just then a shot was fired and hit Luke's X-wing. "Luke!" Raina yelled. "I'm alright, but I've lost Artoo!" He exclaimed. Raina prayed. This ha for work. Raina watched the fighters behind her. The one in the middle was now centered on Luke's ship. She felt a dark presence from it. "Hurry Skywalker!" She warned. She tried to block the fighters way, but couldn't without getting shot by the other fighter.

Just then a blast came down from above and shot the fighter next to the one in the middle. It hit the wall and knocked the other fighter out of the shaft. Raina smiled. She looked behind her. The Millennium Falcon! "Han!" She exclaimed happily. "You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" He yelled happily. Raina smiled. "You can do it Luke!" She added excitedly.

Luke fired at the exhaust port. Raina held her breath. It went in. She smiled and sighed with relief. "Come on let's get outta here." Luke said. "Right with you, Skywalker." She answered. The three x-wings and one y-wing along with the Falcon flew away from the Death Star. The Death Star exploded with an extraordinary blast. They had saved Yavin!

Raina landed in the hanger along with the others. Her cockpit lifted up. She climbed down the ladder and looked around for Luke. She saw Han running to her. She smiled and ran over. She hugged him. "You came back!" She exclaimed. "I couldn't let him get all the credit." Han laughed. Raina smiled at Chewie and hugged him. "Thanks Chewie." She said.

She looked around Luke had just landed. She smiled. He climbed down and seemed to be looking for someone. She smiled and waved, and saw him smile back. He walked toward her, but came to a stop. His arms were opening and he was smiling. "Luke! Luke! Luke!" Someone yelled. Just then Leia ran into his arms hugging him. He spun her around. Raina felt a pang of sadness wash over her, along with jealousy. "You okay?" Han asked. "Yeah. Let's go see them." She forced a smile.

They ran over to Luke and Leia. Han ran over and slapped Luke on the back. "Hey! Hey!" Raina embraced Leia. "We did it!" She exclaimed. Raina smiled and nodded. "I knew you'd come back! I just knew it!" Raina heard Luke tell Han. He laughed. "Well, like I told Raina, I wasn't gonna let you get all the credit and take all the reward." He said. Raina smiled and rolled her eyes.

Luke smiled and then looked over to Raina. He smiled and ran over or her. While Leia hugged Han. Raina looked at him in confusion. He embraced her. "Looks like you'll be able to pay me back pretty soon." He smiled. She smiled back. "Looks like....You did it Skywalker!" She exclaimed hugging him again. His arms wrapped around her waist. "We did it." He corrected. She pulled away, smiled and nodded in agreement. They looked into each others eyes almost trying to search one-another.

Suddenly Han hit Luke on the back and laughed. Luke jerked his eyes away. Raina felt herself blushing. Leia came over and hugged Raina's side.

Just then Luke looked over to his ship. "Oh, no!" He said walking to it. His small droid was fried. The crew pulled him down. "Oh, my! Artoo! Can you hear me? Say something! You can repair him, can't you?" 3PO asked the mechanic. "We'll get to work on him right away." He answered. "You must repair him! Sir, if any of my circuits or gears will help, I'll gladly donate them." 3PO told Luke. Luke smiled. "He'll be all right."

Luke turned back to the group. He wrapped his left arm around Raina's waist and his other around Leia's waist. Han put his arm around Leia's waist as well. Chewie put his arm on Han and they all five walked out of the hangar. They had won the battle!