Recovery

Raina's POV.

After they had taken Luke to the recovery room Raina went in to see him. He seemed very worn. She knew she couldn't stay long, but she had to see him. The droid doctor went over to her. "He needs his rest. You may stay and visit for only a little while." It told her. Raina nodded. "Alright. Thank you."

She walked in. Luke was reclining on a hospital cot he had his eyes closed. She cautiously walked over to him. She was so happy he was alright. She smiled slightly and gazed at his sleeping face. She sat in a chair next to him.

She felt the need to tell him all her feelings

She felt the need to tell him all her feelings. To tell him everything, but for some reason she couldn't open her mouth. She looked down sadly. He would never know.

She looked back to him and got up. She leaned down and kissed his head gently. She looked at him for a moment. "I-Goodnight Luke." She whispered. She was a coward. She left.

The next day she went early in the morning to see Luke. When she walked in the droid told her he was still sleeping. She let Raina go in. She walked over to a sink and got a drink of water. As she was filling her glass she heard a groan. "Raina?" Luke's horse voice asked. She turned around and saw him looking over at her. She smiled. "Hi." She said.

He squinted at her. "Hi. What-what are you doing here? It's pretty early to be up." He told her. "It's not that early. Just around 7:30. I wanted to check on you. Make sure you were alright." She told him. He looked at her with concern. "You should be resting. I'm not the only one who was stuck out there, you know." He told her.

She was surprised that he knew she had been out there. "How did you know I had gone out there with Han?" She asked. "I might have been out of it, but I do remember some of it." Raina began to feel panicky. Had he remembered everything? Even what she had said to him? "You do?" She asked. "Not a lot. Only glimpses really,...but I do remember seeing Han....and you." He said with an emphasis. She smiled softly.

"Thank you." He said looking her in the eye. "I couldn't let you stay out there, alone. Your...my friend." She said. He smiled softly. "Raina..." He said in a low voice. "Yes?" She asked. He opened his mouth, but hesitated. He shook his head. She sat down on the edge of his bed. "You know...I won't say I told you so, but..." She started. He chuckled wearily. "I know, I know. I didn't listen." He said.

"I'm just glad your okay." She said taking his hand. "I wouldn't be if it wasn't for you." He said sincerely. "It wasn't only me. Han found out first. Then he decided to go and find you. He was really worried-"

"Why did you do it?" He interrupted her. "What?" She asked. "It was dangerous. You could have died. You knew the risk. Why did risk your life to go and save me?" He asked. She pulled her hand away. She knew why, but couldn't tell him. "I-I couldn't leave you, alone out there." Luke looked at her in confusion. "Raina, you could have died. Do you realize that?" He asked in all seriousness. She nodded. "Yes. I do."