The Begining

Authors Note: Hey everyone! I'm so excited to finally be writing a Luke Skywalker fanfiction! I just wanted to say the first part of the story doesn't go with the Star Wars story, exactly. I will also be going off of the new canon books as well. Also after reading this you may want to check out the sequel! It's called My Master Skywalker! Anyway, thanks and I hope you enjoy!

                   Star Wars Episode IV

                           A NEW Hope

Raina's POV.

Raina sat crossed-legged on a mat. She breathed in deeply and exhaled. "Relax." Her masters voice filled her ears. She tried to let her muscles loosen. "Breath. Focus on your breathing. In and out." Her master instructed. Raina began to focus on the rhythm of her breathing. In and out. In and out.

"Feel the force around you. Flowing through every living thing. You, me, the trees, the plants, the animals....everything." Raina began to feel a sensation she had never felt before. The force. She could feel the tiniest hint of it. It felt amazing. Her senses tingled, from feeling the new sensation.

"Alright. Now, think of your past. Friends, family....what do you see?" Raina tried to see, but she only saw darkness. "Nothing. Just darkness." She told her master. "Focus. Think of happiness. Happy feelings and emotions."

Raina thought of the happiest she'd ever felt. She began to see hear something. Voices. Music. A dance. Suddenly she was in a ball room. An older man walked up to her. "I believe this is our dance." He said. She giggled and took his hand. "Happy birthday daughter. You are now a woman. I am so proud of you." "Thank you father. That's all I ever wanted." "I will always be proud of you, Raina. You are the light of my life. Your mother would have been so proud of the woman you have become." He said. "I hope so. Thank you Daddy." She said, smiling.

Suddenly the vision ended. She opened her eyes. She was back in the large room, sitting on her mat. Across from her her master sat watching her. "What did you see?" She asked. "I saw...my father." "Your father." Her master repeated. "It was my 16th birthday. He asked me to dance. We talked about my mother and he told me how proud he was of me and how my mother would have been proud of me as well." Raina explained. "Your 16th birthday. The day a girl becomes a woman. The coming of a age party." Her master concluded with a smile.

"Yes. I cannot believe that it has been two years sense then." Raina mused. "You miss him. I feel it." "I do. He was a wonderful mentor and a wonderful friend." Raina answered. "Your father was a great hero. And a wonderful man." She told Raina. "Thank you Master Ashoka. That means everything to me." Raina said. "Alright. Training is over for today." Ashoka said.

The two stood up. "Master? I know I've just started my training, but...when will I learn to use a lightsaber?" Raina asked. "Soon you will be ready, but first you must learn how to feel the force. Today was your first steps toward becoming a Jedi." Raina smiled. "Have patients my young padawan." "Yes master."

As they walked out of the room and into Asoka's living room, her master stopped. "Master Ashoka, what's wrong?" "He's here. Quickly. In there! And do not say a word. Remember, just how we practiced. Close yourself off from the force. Feel nothing. Let no one sense you." She instructed. Raina nodded and went inside the small closet. Raina heard Asoka lock the door.

You see, the Empire had taken control of the galaxy along time ago. When that happened, they slaughtered all living Jedi. Some escaped, but only a few. Now the Jedi were scattered to the wind. The Empire still searched for any who were left alive. If they found a Jedi they would kill them. Apparently someone in there village on Naboo had suspected Ashoka and told the Empire. Which meant Asoka and Raina were both in grave danger.