Chapter 8

I blinked slowly, not believing my eyes. Was I dreaming? Or did I see Matthew Espinosa standing outside my door, holding the hand of a little girl? Skylynn, of course. God. This is was better than meeting Nash. Skylynn was my favorite, hands down. She was so sassy and I know I used to be just like that. She looked so cute, being almost 6 now.

        Matt lifted her up and pointed at me saying, "Hey, remember when Nash told you about that pretty girl and her friend? Well this is the pretty girl." Skylynn automatically looked at me with wide eyes and loudly said "You're the one who Nash is in love with?? You are gunna get married aren't ya? He said he wants to kiss you!" She giggled

           I looked at her confused. Wait what? That was Elizabeth. What did Matt tell her?

        "No silly, he likes her friend. This is the pretty one." Matt said slowly as he lowered her to the ground. He stood up and smiled at me while slightly closing his eyes, which I found extremely attractive.

        "Is Elizabeth here? Nash wanted to invite her, well you guys, to come with us to the show today. Only if you want to of course." He said looking at me in a careless way. He was such a smooth talker. It took me a moment to realize he was asking me a question. I turned around and found Elizabeth, ready to go, sitting on the bed.

        "Um, Nash wants us to go with them to the show today. What do you-" I wasn't able to finish, as she raced past me, opening the door all the way. I quickly put on my black vans and grabbed my phone. Elizabeth was already in the hall, talking to Skylynn.

           Of course she loved her too, that would be her sister-in-law one day after she married Nash. Matt turned to look at me as I walked out the door, closing it behind me. We all starting walking down the hall, Elizabeth and Skylynn hand in hand. Matt looked at me and gently put his arm around my waist.

         "I meant what I said back there. About you being the pretty one. You look amazing today, by the way." He whispered in my ear as we reached the elevators, which took us down to the lobby, where the other 8 boys were. They all looked up from their phones and some ran up to us. Matt's hand slipped away from my side as he saw the boys approach. Aaron gave me a huge hug, which surprised me. He seemed to be the shyest out of them all.

        Cam walked over and kissed my cheek softly, "Yellow is definitely your color, Mykenna." He whispered as he grabbed my hand, pulling us out the door. I hadn't even realized all the other boys were already out here. We got in the small black limo, and saw that there wasn't enough room to fit two more people.

        "Is it alright if I, um sit on your lap, Matt?" I said shyly, realizing that he was the closest person to me. Before he even responded, he pulled my onto his lap.

         "Duh." He smiled as the driver sped off.